CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

reclaimed sprinkler water sun-baked dry

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reclaimed sprinkler water sun-baked dry

Just found my black clk w/ the reclaimed sprinkler water "baked" onto my car. Huge white-ish water spots that don't seem to come off...even windsheild

anyone have any ideas?

Called MB service for suggestions.
Old 09-13-2004, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
if it just happened, wash the car and try rubbing the spots with vinegar and a microfiber towel. Otherwise the car will need to be buffed with a mildly abrasive polish.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:41 PM

05 C55, BMWX 3.0, Subaru Forester (Shaggin Wagon)
I recommend Zymol HD-Cleanse Pre-Wax Cleaner. I live in NJ where Acid Rain is the norm, not the exception. This stuff even takes off all this type of stuff. http://www.zymol.com
Old 09-14-2004, 06:12 PM

2005 SL600 Designo, Graphite Gray, Panorama Roof
Easy stuff

For the windows:
Use a Vinegar solution, 50/50 mix with water, or try it straight up. If that doesn't work, use a razor blade on the windows, followed by the vinegar solution again.

Last but not least, use Windex and crumpled up black and white print newspaper to make those windows sparkle (don't use newspaper inside, where the tint is applied).

As for the paint, start with Meguiar's Scratch X. See if that makes a dent in it. Use a damp household sponge to put it on, do it in the shade. Then use a microfiber towel, ever so slightly moistened, to buff the Scratch X off. Do a small area at a time.

After that, either Meguiar's Polish or Gold Class Wax should help hide any final imperfections.

Note: if it doesn't come off with Scratch X, anything more abrasive will require a high speed buffer and a more aggressive compound. 99.9999% of all private owners have not been trained how to do this, so its' time to call in a pro.

Hope that helps. Oh, my qualifications: a year working for Meguiars and 2 full training sessions under my belt.

I mention the use of Meguiar's products only because I'm familiar with those...I'm sure there are similar products in other brands' arsenals.
Old 09-17-2004, 02:28 PM

resolved

had to hand wax the car twice w/ mother's cleaner wax...what a pain, but came out.