CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Coolant Leak 2006 CLK500 Cabrio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2021, 03:36 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes CLK500
Coolant Leak 2006 CLK500 Cabrio

Hey guys, I just had to park my car because I got a coolant check light and my hood was lightly steaming. I opened the hood to find the steam coming from the top right side (looking at the engine bay head on so US drivers side) there was a small hissing noise and steam coming from there as well as my coolant chamber being empty shortly after receiving the coolant check message. Any ideas as to what could be causing it or a quick fix? Thank you!
Old 10-09-2021, 10:52 AM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Firemist O5 CLK55 Cab Silver 05 CLK55 Coupe Tanzanite 06 CLK500 Coupe
This has been widely posted about. Plastic connector in firewall feeding interior heater is literally disintegrating. Could easily turn catastrophic so change it ASAP!
The following users liked this post:
mnusrum (10-09-2021)
Old 10-09-2021, 02:49 PM

Mercedes CLK500
Coolant Leak

Originally Posted by waveterrorist
This has been widely posted about. Plastic connector in firewall feeding interior heater is literally disintegrating. Could easily turn catastrophic so change it ASAP!
Yeah man it was really bad! And you’re right! It was that part I just fixed it yesterday, the coolant container was emptying after 2 minutes of the car running. I attached a picture of the part and then the new part.

Old 10-09-2021, 03:02 PM

Mercedes CLK500
Attempt to Repair

For anyone attempting to do the repair, the part from Mercedes was around $30 and included the plastic connector along with the hose. I removed the hose from the connector and just used the old one bc it was in good condition. You have to remove the BIG plastic piece that spans the car after taking off the windshield wipers and then the part is in between the rear of the engine (closer to the windshield) and the windshield. You use pliers to squeeze the clamps so you can remove the plastic piece off the hose. Whole repair takes around 30 minutes if you are good with removing and reinstalling all the parts. Easily a 1 person job and you can check if your car has the same problem without removing the windshield wipers. Just look in that area.