CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

New CLK Owner - Questions about Front SAM/SRS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2022, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 CLK 350
New CLK Owner - Questions about Front SAM/SRS

Hello all! I recently picked up a 2007 MB CLK 350 locally for about $2000. It has 176k, it's been through some rough times, but it runs great, barring some "old car" issues. Just replaced the caps on the back of the M272, I have the intake runner arms and flap adjuster on order. The car's paint is pretty much trashed, although aside from where it was poorly repainted after a front end collision, the rest of the paint just looks like someone tried to buff it with a chainsaw.

It came with some engine light codes and some codes I can't pull with the scanners I have. The SRS light is on, I'd assume because the passenger seat is completely inop. The module under the seat looks like it's been underwater, and I'd bet it's because the previous owner didn't reset the window positions (allowing rainwater to intrude) after having to adjust the super-loose battery terminals, which I had to replace when I bought the car. The other issue I have is that the Upper Control Panel is not working at all. There are only two harnesses going to it, one 3-wire (heated seat?) and one 6-wire with much higher gauge wire. The car has heated seats and a sunroof, but there are lots of blank buttons. There is another socket on the back of the UCP that I can't find another harness for. I also don't know if the car disables this panel if it thinks it's been fooled with. I get 1.2v to a few terminals on the 6-wire harness when the car is running. Any advice on this?

This forum has been super helpful so far, I've done a lot of googling and found lots of helpful threads here. Thanks!!
Old 01-05-2022, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 CLK 350
Well, I literally just took the panel out and scrubbed it down and everything sprang to life, aside from the passenger seat heat, which makes sense since that module is also corroded. Enjoy the pics of my Beater Benz. 😂😂