CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

P00xx fault code

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2022, 06:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
280 coupe
P00xx fault code

Just a short explanation of how I cured a P0025 fault code on my 2007 CLK otherwise in excellent condition.
With the code reader and lifting the plug from the four timing magnets, (which are all the same), I found that the two magnets on the passenger side close to the power steering fillier
were weeping oil into the socket.
Changing the two magnets is easier than surgested in YouTube videos. There is little space for any of the Torx 8 bolts to be removed, but you can get a 1/4 inch AF combination (the ring end)
in place to loosen then unscrew with your fingers. Patience and placing a cloth underneath as to prevent a bolt from dropping into the engine bay helps. (AND SMALL FINGERS).
I REMOVED THE SENSOR AND POWER STEERING FILLER CAP which then allowed me to angle out the old magnet and remove
Make sure you remove the old oil seal and lube up the new one with same engine oil.
Replace squrely and gently rotate new magnets into place aligning bolt holes.
Then replce the bolts with patience. On the difficult bolts I used long nose pliers to hold the thread close to the head until I pushed into the hole the screwed in with my fingers and finished with the spanner
Finally the Mercedes part number is A 272 051 01 77 dont but from Amazon at £34+ as Mercedes is cheaper at £19.50 + vat
Hope this has helped