CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Seat Belt light and chime not working (SRS light off)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2022, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 CLK 320 Convertible
Seat Belt light and chime not working (SRS light off)

Hey forum guys!
Just became a proud owner of a 2004 CLK 320 Convertible, and it have a few errors that I'm trying to fix. One is that the seat belt light/chime won't come on if I un-click the belt. I asked my local MB mechanic, but he just said does it bother you, and if not then don't worry. It won't affect the safety of airbags etc since you're not getting a SRS code. He might be right, but I would prefer that everything works. The seat belt light comes on for a second before starting the car, so I can exclude that it's not working. I have read a few suggestions here about a connection under the seat, but when I look I can't find an unplugged connection. Where can I find the exact cable that controls this? It's same for the passenger seat - not working too. If it's not this what could it be then?

Also I'm getting an ugly sound from the rear driver window when it goes down/up. Exactly at the same spot, and the motor seems fine otherwise. Doesn't slow down, or seem tired. It sounds like plastic popping. Any ideas?

Finally need to repaint all the plastic details (bumpers/side mirrors) due clear coat completely flaking off. The car is in Desert Silver Metallic, and planning to get a spray can, and I do it myself. There are a lot of sellers on Ebay/Amazon/Google providing so OEM certified colors, but with a variety of reviews. Which one would you recommend for best matching?

Many thanks guys, and I hope I'm not asking too much for my first post.

Cheers
Trav
Old 02-25-2022, 03:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,051 Likes on 972 Posts
1999 E300TD
you have a faulty buckle