CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK - 350 (m272 & 722.9) Rear Main Seal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2022, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W209 - CLK 350 (07)
Question CLK - 350 (m272 & 722.9) Rear Main Seal

Hi All,

I will be embarking on replacing my Rear Main Seal in the next few weeks. {C209 - CLK 350 7G @ 250KM - Majority Highway KM}

Recently pulled the lower engine oil pan due to oil leaks, cleaned and replaced. 80% reduction of oil Leak's, however now the area is clean, i can verify engine oil is coming from Flywheel Bell Housing - minor drip.
Scope will include removal of motor via engine crane, replace Engine mounts x3, Power steering fluid flush, Coolant Flush, Transmission Service - {full flush, filter change, gasket change, (new bolts for trans have been purchased - the 4 Nm ones)}

In regard to the Rear Main Seal i have been able to purchased a "Elring 362.691 Rear Main Seal"
This looks to be the "Plate" that goes onto the back of the motor, and im pretty sure it does not come with the rubber seal its self. I have tried to find the MB Part number - with little success.

Can anyone please clarify the MB Part number for the Circular Rubber Seal,

As far as Bolts are concerned, i know the Transmission has torque to shear bolts (one time use bolts on the bottom of the pan)
Do i need to purchase new bolts for the Flywheel, Bell Housing or torque converter? if so can someone please advise part numbers or a workshop PDF with instructions & Torque Settings

As the motor will be removed does anyone have any recommendations on additional works/ preventative maintenance that should be completed?

Recently i have completed the following;

1 x oil separator replaced (on back of motor left side if standing in front)
6 x new spark plugs
P2004 Code was present, centre leaver on Intake has been replaced as it was broken.
intake valves cleaned, MAF was cleaned, Throttle Body removed and cleaned, new intake gaskets installed.
Oil air separators(2) attached to Air Pump on front of motor have been removed and cleaned.
Motor now runs smooth in P and N at 690 to 700 RPM. 10 RPM variance via scan tool confirmed.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.