CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

updates and impressions and questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
updates and impressions and questions

just felt i could chime in with thoughts of the new car... as a reminder its an 05 320.

the car is super smooth to drive on the freeway. i must admit its handling feels like a boat, but my comparison (a normal 3er for my car, not an m3) is perhaps a little tainted.

the sound system on these cars is clean, yet virtually no bass, which is depressing.

the obc is great. my bmw won't let me change any of the options w/o the dealer, so its great to do it via your steering wheel now.

i had forgotten that they are B(?)-pillaress, and well when i brought the windows down for the first time, it freaked me out.

mind you, im only the secondary driver for this car, my family got it for my mother. i must say though, im very impressed with mb's. real happy for the purchase. and i must say, its a tough decision between my car and hers lol. its probably because the w209 is new to my eye that i see it different, and i've gotten used to the e46's .

i was considering modding the w209, but after driving a modded car and then jumping into a stock new car, its amazing just how smooth and relaxed you feel. it was great not worrying about pot holes at all.

i saw some sites selling wood trim accessories, and was curious are they mb stuff i could get at the dealer for the same price (ie. a wood glove box handle and arm rest cover)?

the only thing that really bothers me is the wheel gap and handling on these cars, but oh well. and of course you have to be realistic, the handling is more then enough for normal driving.

cheers,
--soheil

Last edited by soheilm3; 10-13-2004 at 03:44 PM.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:44 AM

CLK 200 KOMPRESSOR Elegance
and of course you have to be realistic, the handling is more then enough for normal driving
...............perhaps the ride quality is more important to your Mom, unless your surname is Schumacher !!!
Old 10-14-2004, 12:11 PM

2004 Mercedes Benz CLK 500
get some different springs for the car and you would take out some of the gap. But ya..i really hate the gap with the body and the wheel.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:54 AM

CLK 500 Convertible
Originally Posted by AznxKCBoy
get some different springs for the car and you would take out some of the gap. But ya..i really hate the gap with the body and the wheel.
hey aznx. i got some 19"s on my clk 2.same sice and everything but when i turn a 90 degree curve they always rub on the fender in the back. do you have that problem 2?
Old 10-15-2004, 11:20 AM

2004 Mercedes Benz CLK 500
did you lower your car already onkelmarknr1? I havent lowered mine so mine is sitting pretty high right now. But from what I am looking at..if i lower mine it should sit inside the fender pretty well but not sure cuz I havent lowered it yet. wat kinda wheels and tires do you have?