CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

I Test drove a CLK55 AMG and I want to see if the issue I faced could be a big issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2023, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Mercedes C230k
I Test drove a CLK55 AMG and I want to see if the issue I faced could be a big issue

Test drove a CLK55 AMG and I want to see if the issue I faced could be a big issue or not

There was a Loud noise and jump when you go from reverse to drive or vice versa. And a hint of burnt oil smell. The service records look really good on this car so I have no idea what the issue could be. I do know that the transmission connector is causing the transmission not to get out of park without pressing the shifter release button. Could these issues he connected?
Old 05-22-2023, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 428 Likes on 353 Posts
MB’s
Originally Posted by ZaidAl
Test drove a CLK55 AMG and I want to see if the issue I faced could be a big issue or not

There was a Loud noise and jump when you go from reverse to drive or vice versa. And a hint of burnt oil smell. The service records look really good on this car so I have no idea what the issue could be. I do know that the transmission connector is causing the transmission not to get out of park without pressing the shifter release button. Could these issues he connected?

Dont even think about it until a shop or dealer performs a Pre Purchase Inspection PPI. Once you get a quote then negotiate price.
Old 05-23-2023, 11:59 PM

Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts
2010 E550 Coupe
Originally Posted by C280 Sport
Dont even think about it until a shop or dealer performs a Pre Purchase Inspection PPI. Once you get a quote then negotiate price.
Totally agree. PPI is a must unless you are a seasoned mechanic with proper diagnostic equipment, and/or you want to gamble on potentially starting off ownership with a rebuilt transmission installation for $4K+ lol.
Old 05-24-2023, 12:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w210 E430
Both of those could be pretty minor issues. Could be as simple as worn motor/transmission mounts, which is common on mercedes of this era. The transmission connector is also a common issue on mercedes of this era, also pretty easy to fix. The oil smell is probably your breather cover seals, or valve cover gaskets. All of that stuff is relatively cheap and easy to repair. I support what the other guys said though, definitely get a pre purchase inspection.
Old 05-25-2023, 03:15 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK350 Convertible 2007 W209
Clk55

QUOTE=ZaidAl;8782128]Test drove a CLK55 AMG and I want to see if the issue I faced could be a big issue or not

There was a Loud noise and jump when you go from reverse to drive or vice versa. And a hint of burnt oil smell. The service records look really good on this car so I have no idea what the issue could be. I do know that the transmission connector is causing the transmission not to get out of park without pressing the shifter release button. Could these issues he connected?[/QUOTE]

I expected you to say that the car has too much power and was wondering whether the fuel usage was worth it? Unfortunately you have a transmission noise. Get it quoted and have the price deducted from sale price.