CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

2005 CLK 500 cabriolet Transmission fluid change interval.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2023, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 500 Cabriolet
2005 CLK 500 cabriolet Transmission fluid change interval.

owners manual literally says you do not have to change the transmission fluid furthermore there's not even a place to put the dipstick like other Mercedes you don't know spell nothing no lock cab to you can put the mechanics dipstick in there nothing how do you check for food I can't get a straight answer I would like to do it myself I live in Palm Springs California they want to thousand dollars but they won't tell me where they need to add a little or change it dissolute it in there now has 20,000 miles on it I believe the solenoid pack on the bottom the transmission got changed at 20,000 because it went into the motor we can't go anywhere but I called him is he feeling Las Vegas just nobody will tell me so I put on the Internet and good thing you thing you at 20,000 because it went into the motor we can't go anywhere but I called him is he feeling Las Vegas just nobody will tell me so I put on the Internet and good thing you guys got a good reputation where the hell do I pull that fluid out in the filter under the panel what I mean give me a break car runs like a top at 165,000 miles doesn't miss a beat sorry for the informal language but my god my frustrated it's my wife's car
I have a pretty good diagnostic tool but I don't know what the information tells me I'm just not gonna walk into the dealer and give me full reign forgot to pay a few thousand bucks I want to get in the knowledge I assume that if I could read the diagnostic today attached PDF it tells where the transmission is in need every once in a while shifts funny
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
PDF document 3.pdf (31.5 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by BobFixMmb; 06-03-2023 at 06:46 PM. Reason: cause i added pdf
Old 06-03-2023, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 424 Likes on 350 Posts
MB’s
The owners manual is wrong! I know sounds crazy right? MB once tried to advertise the idea of “Sealed for life” and that is just simply a crock of nonsense. At some point you have to flush and change the transmission fluid in the car. I do mine every 50,000 miles.
The following users liked this post:
Jerry Easley (06-09-2023)
Old 06-11-2023, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 500 Cabriolet
Thank you very much, you are most defiantly appreciated / only perfect honest answer I got.