CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Feature missing on DVD COMAND Nav

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 05:53 PM
Del
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Feature missing on DVD COMAND Nav

I've noticed on my '05 COMAND that the route guidance is not the most intuitive, as it takes me on the slowest of routes to get to my destination. Getting around Houston usually involves the freeway but the COMAND tells me to take ocal roads that have lots of lights. I checked to see if the "Minimise Freeways" option was on but it wasn't. When I took it into the dealer he said said that there is usually a "shortest route", "fastest route" and even a "scenic route" option available but these don't seem to be in my car. Is my DVD nav faulty or are these options just not available on the '05s yet? Someone please help me 'cause this is driving me up the wall right now.

Thanks,

Del
Old 10-27-2004, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S550
same thing here buddy, but except i have the cd navi. on the way home from newark airport they sent me home through jersey city...not the best place to be driving a clk at night.not only did it send me on a local route it also took me more than an hour when it should take only 30 minutes....does anyone know how to fix this? it just wont send me on a highway its crazy!!
Old 10-28-2004, 02:31 PM

2003 CLK320, Sliver, Ash Leather, Command System, Xeon lights, K3, K4
If you only want HW then choose ur options carefully

If you guys just want to take hw, in your Nav options, choose, Fast route, + Freeways.....I don't use my nav much....but I hear you guys frustration, I just thougt it was b/c the 03's was CD base. Anyhow, if you choose these options, your destinations will take hw's only. Don't ever choose shortest route, it will always take you through local b/c its shortest in Distance but not time!!!
Old 10-28-2004, 06:31 PM
Del
Almost a Member!

It would be nice to choose "fast Route".......if it was even an option. On mine you can only "minimise freeways", "minimise tollways" and "minimise ferries". There's no option to choose fastest or shortest route. I can't believe that I waited a year specifically to get DVD nav (i heard the cd nav sucked) only to find that the new nav takes me on convoluted routes. Do people with the E class dvd navs have this same problem too?

Have there been any instances where the update cd/dvd gives you more options?

I'd appreciate any responses.

Thanks,

Del