CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK-320 Convertible all dash warnings on, car died won't start..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2023, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK-320
CLK-320 Convertible all dash warnings on, car died won't start..

2003 CLK-320 convertible. We had dangerous rains yesterday, and the amount of water coming down somehow got into the car, filling up the rear passenger well on the drivers side.

Looks like the water somehow was making it in from the roof, but only near the windows driver side. - not sure what might be compromised. Windows were up and seals look good.I spent the day draining the water out and using a carpet cleaner to vacuum up the water from the carpet. Then I put a fan in the back seat to blow air.

After a few hours, the carpets seemed dryer and I thought it might be good to take the car out to air dry it some more. I had SOME common sense to do a loop of about a mile around my neighborhood before hitting the highways. After 1.5 loops, nearly every warning light came on, some short message about taking it to a maintenance center, and then the car died. It would not restart even though it had started right up earlier.

Glad it happened in the neighborhood versus the highway. I'm at a loss for what the cause might be other than the obvious possibility of water shorting out some lines somewhere. Just strange I was able to start and drive for 1.5 miles..

Any thoughts, advice, suggestions deeply appreciated! While I try to figure this out ....I have fans blowing in the car to help dry things out further..