CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK sports package how do you know?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2023 | 08:23 AM

2006 CLK 350/. 2009 CLK 350/2005 Both White
CLK sports package how do you know?

So I’m trying to brace brake pads and someone wants told me if you have the metal foot pedals and you have the sports package. Now I know it all comes down to the brake pads and what they look like but I wanna verify.

My understanding I think is that the brake pads are much longer and oval shaped if you have the sports package. If you have the regular package, it is just more of a compact almost square looking brake pad. Not like the real ones but kind of close with two tabs in the middle of the break pad. what I’m seeing online and what I have on my car look very similar but I want to make sure because that story about what your brake and accelerator pedals look like tells you if you have a sports package or not is that true?
Old 08-12-2023 | 11:16 AM

Firemist O5 CLK55 Cab Silver 05 CLK55 Coupe Tanzanite 06 CLK500 Coupe
Its how many pistons in the calipers that matters.
If yours say Mercedes they are likely 4 but it is
unlikely to find a 350 with code 485 but check your build labels....
Old 08-13-2023 | 03:48 AM

CLK 240
Your best bet is a VIN search for your car and look at its options. You have sports look package that is bumpers, etc and front brakes. You also have the sports handling pack which is staggered wheels/tyres and suspension. Can’t remember the option codes of the top of my head.
The rear calipers on all are pretty much the same unless AMG and most brake parts companies will match parts to vin.
Front brakes are obviously different between standard and sports and AMG. 4 piston sports have Mercedes Benz written on them and AMG have AMG, the 4 piston calipers are basically the same apart from above labeling. 6 piston are Only on AMG’s.

This is the 6 piston front and you can see the piston shape on the outside to be able to count them.

That’s the 4 piston rear and you can see the shape of the piston there as well. Easiest way to know which brakes you have by sight.