CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

The inner liner of the high pressure PS hose has delaminated!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2023, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 CLK350
Question The inner liner of the high pressure PS hose has delaminated!

Hi all. Bought my first Mercedes and it needs Power Steering service. Please advise me on what you see in my picture. The inner liner of the high pressure PS hose has delaminated from the metal part (or something like that) and seems to be stuck in the rack. How do I get the rest of the hose out?
Thanks!
Now more background; PS was failing and a shop replaced the PS pump and advised the system was overheating. The new pump (a rebuilt that cost $745) promptly blew PS fluid out of the pump. I took the car back and they replaced only the reservoir. I took it home and video documented the PS pump still spewing fluid from its core (I remote mounted the reservoir to get it out of the video). I figured there is a blockage in the High pressure part of the system so I disconnected the Hi PS hose from the rack and discovered what you see. I have issues with that shop in Morgan Hill and will address that on a separate thread/venue in the near future.
Thanks in advance for sharing your PS hose experience!
MacBenz

High pressure PS hose has delaminated and is stuck