CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK500 Deployed Rollover Bar Reset Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2023, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S 500 2005
CLK500 Deployed Rollover Bar Reset Issue

Hello Everyone,

On my 2005 CLK500 (W209) while driving last week hit a major pothole and my Rollover Bar from back seat got deployed. I manage to reset them by using the allen key technic listed in few YouTube videos. On both side of the headrest I was able to find a area to press and then with lot of pressure i was able to push the headrest all the way to bottom.
After doing so I try to reset the two errors listed below but not able to reset them. Also each time i start the car i get Red light suggesting to lower the rollover bar. Any help on the issue how to fix it? do i need to replace the deployed solenoid as it is suggested in error? and if so where are those located ?

Thanks in advance to all experts on the forum.

Old 10-27-2023, 11:06 AM

CLK500
Mine deployed when I hit a speed bump. I reset them with no residual error codes.

I have an aftermarket radio display, but as I remember I got a warning on the dash display that went away when I reset the headrests.

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to see if the code clears?
Old 10-27-2023, 11:49 AM

S 500 2005
Thanks Santa_Jay for your reply.

I have disconnected the batter overnight to see the codes gets reset. With no success i reached out to the forums knowing some veterans will have expert advise based on their experience. I am surprised you are the first one to reply, I have a felling when i reset the headrest may be i didn't pushed it all the way to the bottom to activate the sensors or switches. I have seen it somewhere there s a way to deploy them manually from the trunk area and if i can manage to do that then will try to reset it again with ample force this time. Hope to get some conformation on it from experts and see how to get it done.
Old 10-27-2023, 06:50 PM

CLK500
Mine would not stay down unless they were shoved all the way down. You might try pressing the head rest down while pushing the release. Then let the headrest go up while holding the release. IDK.

This forum doesn't seem to be as reactive as the Jaguar forum. I've asked a couple of questions that either were incredibly difficult or no one wants to respond.

Any way, good luck.
Old 02-16-2024, 12:13 PM

S 500 2005
Anyone with the same issues or fix or advise on this ?
Thanks
Old 03-18-2024, 10:42 AM

S 500 2005
Hello Everyone,

Wanted to post the update on the issue as it is now resolved and it may help anyone with the same issue. Previously i had done the following as the error was not going away after all those attempt.

1) Reset the Headrest with pressing the release button located on side of the headrest with Allen key tool few times.
2) Manually deployed the headrest from the trunk location to see if that would also reset the error.
3) Disconnected the battery overnight hoping to get it reset.
4) check the fuse related to the Rollover bars in the fuse diagrams.

With all this issue didn't reset the error, started reading each and every pose online and found one of the post not related to the issue which talked about the fuse which was marked spare under fuse diagram replace the fuse and the issue was resolved.

On the fuse assignments above for fuse box F34, fuse f28 is shown as a Spare.

The circuit diagram for the Soft Top control module (N52) used only on the cabrio, indicates that this fuse F28 (20A) is used to protect both:

1) Left Rollover module deployment solenoid (Y57/2)
2) Right Rollover module deployment solenoid (Y57/3)

So anyone with the issue of Rollover bar error not getting reset after deployment please check the Fuse # F28 located inside the cabin on side wall by driver side.

Old 03-25-2024, 08:44 AM

CLK550; Prior CLK500
F28 Fuse

Thx for the follow-up to your own question... thx for sharing, 8n case this error occurs with anyone else.

Originally Posted by DPatel68
Hello Everyone,

Wanted to post the update on the issue as it is now resolved and it may help anyone with the same issue. Previously i had done the following as the error was not going away after all those attempt.

1) Reset the Headrest with pressing the release button located on side of the headrest with Allen key tool few times.
2) Manually deployed the headrest from the trunk location to see if that would also reset the error.
3) Disconnected the battery overnight hoping to get it reset.
4) check the fuse related to the Rollover bars in the fuse diagrams.

With all this issue didn't reset the error, started reading each and every pose online and found one of the post not related to the issue which talked about the fuse which was marked spare under fuse diagram replace the fuse and the issue was resolved.

On the fuse assignments above for fuse box F34, fuse f28 is shown as a Spare.

The circuit diagram for the Soft Top control module (N52) used only on the cabrio, indicates that this fuse F28 (20A) is used to protect both:

1) Left Rollover module deployment solenoid (Y57/2)
2) Right Rollover module deployment solenoid (Y57/3)

So anyone with the issue of Rollover bar error not getting reset after deployment please check the Fuse # F28 located inside the cabin on side wall by driver side.
F28 Fuse