CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Apple CarPlay Radio Options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2023 | 12:29 PM

2009 CLK 550
Apple CarPlay Radio Options

So, I am looking to replace the OEM radio in my 09 CLK and I have come up with two options: Dynavin D8 & Car Navi Player I have found some reviews of the older Dynavin units but nothing for the D8 but this seems like the better option and of course it cost most. I saw what looked like The Car Navi Player in a CLK that recently sold on Bring a Trailer and the seller said he was happy with it but other than that I can't find any reviews. Does anyone have any experience with either one of these units or is there another unit that works with the premium audio MOST system? I am looking for as close to plug and play as possible, but I'm not new to wiring if that is the better option.
Old 10-15-2023 | 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Originally Posted by JustinH
So, I am looking to replace the OEM radio in my 09 CLK and I have come up with two options: Dynavin D8 & Car Navi Player I have found some reviews of the older Dynavin units but nothing for the D8 but this seems like the better option and of course it cost most. I saw what looked like The Car Navi Player in a CLK that recently sold on Bring a Trailer and the seller said he was happy with it but other than that I can't find any reviews. Does anyone have any experience with either one of these units or is there another unit that works with the premium audio MOST system? I am looking for as close to plug and play as possible, but I'm not new to wiring if that is the better option.
I had the car Navi player one. These systems and the rest of these aftermarket units are absolutely trash. It’s not worth the time and hassle. They offer no support, the system takes 1 min for it load and the phone always disconnects and cuts out. Just not worth the hassle. Just use the Aux input to listen to music. I did that as I went back to OEM.

Last edited by C280 Sport; 10-15-2023 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-15-2023 | 04:44 PM

2009 CLK 550
Originally Posted by C280 Sport
I had the car Navi player one. These systems and the rest of these aftermarket units are absolutely trash. It’s not worth the time and hassle. They offer no support, the system takes 1 min for it load and the phone always disconnects and cuts out. Just not worth the hassle. Just use the Aux input to listen to music. I did that as I went back to OEM.
Thanks that is the kind of feedback I was looking for especially for that unit. I have been using the Aux input and it works well, but I was hoping to find something that would have real on-screen navigation. The factory system takes longer to use than it does to drive to where you are going. When I added Apple CarPlay to my other two cars it made a huge difference and was a very nice upgrade.
Old 10-15-2023 | 05:50 PM

SL500
Just fit a branded head unit, like pioneer, kenwood or sony.

You just need the fascia mount, and correct cable from many audio shops.

If you have a fiber amplifier, then a MOST converter is needed, and if you want steering controls a CANBUS converter (which makes installation easier)..

Fit a quality Head Unit.
Old 10-15-2023 | 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Originally Posted by JustinH
Thanks that is the kind of feedback I was looking for especially for that unit. I have been using the Aux input and it works well, but I was hoping to find something that would have real on-screen navigation. The factory system takes longer to use than it does to drive to where you are going. When I added Apple CarPlay to my other two cars it made a huge difference and was a very nice upgrade.
Tech is a LOW I mean LOW point for this car. CLK does many things right but not tech. Best thing is to just use your phone as GPS and plug it into a aux cord and it will work. GPS g comes out of the speakers along with the music giving you the OEM feel.