CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

SRS Error Code 9243 - How to disconnect the Squib

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2023, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
350 CLK 2007
SRS Error Code 9243 - How to disconnect the Squib

Hello All - I have a 2007 350 CLK with the SRS light illuminated and the passenger Airbag light showing as "inactive". This happened during one of those rare times that someone was going to sit in the back seat. I moved the front passenger seat way forward and then another rather heavy fellow sat in the front seat. Scanning with an Innova fob, I have the 9243 code showing as "stored" and the "Resistance value in the ignition circuit containing component R12/10 (Front Passenger Side Airbag Ignition Squib) is too high." Evidently this is not an uncommon problem with many people reporting a fix is to disconnect and reconnect the squib; however, I've yet to find a video or description in a manual describing exactly how this is done.

I've borrowed the attached photo with the "A" and "B" written on it showing the underside of a 350 CLK front passenger seat from the following thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...9243-help.html Can anyone use this as a reference to tell me which cable I should be disconnecting and how? Or do I need to remove and reconnect the plate with the yellow plugs seen in the lower right hand corner in the labeled photo and also in the second unlabeled photo? (I ask because I saw that in one video fix but they did not say it was the squib.)

A few related questions: Do I need to disconnect the battery before manipulating the squib? If the code shows "stored" vs "active" will it resolve with enough key starts the way (some) other codes do? I tried to clear the code with the Innova app which was not successful. Just surprised that the code doesn't show as active if the problem is still present.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by CLKsrfun; 12-09-2023 at 05:55 PM.
Old 12-11-2023, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
350 CLK 2007
Had someone suggest that I sit in the passenger seat with the engine on to reset the code. I was skeptical until the airbag inactive light went off. Restarted the car and the SRS light was still on in the center console. I had to clear it three times with the Innova app. It would show as cleared and then reappeared on a rescan. Third time it was gone for good. I'd still like to know the answer to the question as to which harness leads to the squib. I think I found it looking from the back of the vehicle plugged into the other side of the box with the yellow connectors plugged in. Thanks in advance!
Old 12-13-2023, 03:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
kia picanto
Since the put away mistake is connected with the traveler side sack, I'd chip away at it first. I'd separate the wire from the pack and from the seat regulator and test congruity, both start to finish and between the wires.

Kodi

Last edited by sdhayuj; 12-14-2023 at 04:12 AM.