CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Multi Mis fires after intake runner fix

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2023, 07:54 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2006 CLK 350/. 2009 CLK 350/2005 Both White
Multi Mis fires after intake runner fix

Ok 1st I have done 4 of these in the past so I know the drill .
Connect all connectors. and I redid them a 2nd time so its not a forgotten connector.
When I spay into the air flow sensor it idles up and gets better so I am thinking mis fire from lack of fuel?
I also did live data and got CL/ fuel fault on the screen.
I cleaned the throttle body and installed it on the new manifold
Did the connector there nice a snug.
Fuel rail was removed nicely and re-installed properly pushed done after soaping the green o-rings
Is it possible the gasket moved but the holes still aligned ? i was able to hand tight the bolts which tell me the gasket was align but I could be wrong

Last edited by karayjay; 12-26-2023 at 11:02 PM.
Old 12-27-2023, 04:19 PM

Received 98 Likes on 86 Posts
SL500
When I installed my manifold for the first time (on an SLK350, i folded the gasket, and all bolts went in with no issues at all,so this is not an indicator.

However if you have done this several times I am sure you will have got the hang of the issues fitting the manifold, so this does seem unlikely.

Old 12-31-2023, 11:09 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2006 CLK 350/. 2009 CLK 350/2005 Both White
Well, it turns out, I learned the grease trick for the intake, manifold, gaskets, and it went well. Apparently I did sort of pinch it, so it wasn’t spot on. The trick is where you put the bolts on the engine block. Just put a dab of grease there. It won’t harm anything and you do that on all three sections you lay the gasket and it will not move and you drop the intake down people that clip the to the intake, it doesn’t always hold steady and if you hit wires, it tend to fall off and then you have major problems

that being said, I have an engine miss two constantly. I’m gonna start a new post on that one because after removing the intake again and checking it even though it was fine I put it back down and after revving it and clearing it four times it cleared that doesn’t make sense but 75 miles later as I did before I’m getting a misfire. And I’m trying to figure out why I I’m gonna start a new post on that