CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Top won't go down, window regulator broken

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2024, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK350
Top won't go down, window regulator broken

The window regulator on a rear passenger window stopped working, so I'm needing to replace it. When I pull the switch to lower the top, the back windshield gets into position and the large rear trunk flap slides back, but it doesn't tilt upwards (the ~80 degrees normal angle) and the process gets stuck there. The top itself doesn't fold back obviously. Any thoughts how to fix this? What I wonder: (1) does the system check for the windows to be down, which isn't the case for one of the rear ones because the regulator is broken, and thus the top lowering process gets stuck? (2) how to diagnose why the rear flat panel doesn't tilt upwards? Is there a way to check if it's the actuator, etc?
PS: I checked the system's hydraulic fluid and it's at a normal level.

Thank you so much!

Last edited by ca_angel; 03-06-2024 at 01:29 PM.
Old 04-10-2024, 07:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK320 Convertible, Land Rover Discovery 2
I just replaced the rear regulator and it was about 6hr job.. mostly because there isnt a lot of video on it so you have to look for a bunch of obscure service manual pages... its fairly strait forward but if one is just kind of guessing.. its a lot of parts to get to the $25USD part thus quite expensive to let someone else do it... i maybe made mistake and not doing both sides but I didnt want to look at another 3 hrs work to get the other side and 40 screws in not evident places in the rubix cube lol however