CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK500 AMPLIFIER LOCATION/ BLOWER MOTOR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2024, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 500
CLK500 AMPLIFIER LOCATION/ BLOWER MOTOR

Recently got a 2004 CLK500 convertible, 80k miles but has issues. So when I purchased the vehicle only the rear vent worked halfway through the drive the front vents started blowing air, ac worked and everything for a couple of days. As of yesterday, the vehicle stopped blowing air from the front vents and only blows air from the rear. I figured there was an issue with the blower motor, so I checked for ground and power, has a total of 4 wires that go to it and they're receiving power, ground, voltage and another ground when you turn the buttons. So i figured maybe the blow motor resistor is bad. I purchased a new resistor and blower motor and still, the front vents dont come on at all.

Im also looking for the amplifier which i didnt seem to find, removed spare wheel cover, the panels that covers the fuse boxes and all that stuff and didnt see it? What i did find on the rear right side, passenger side are some female cables with several connectors, one of them says amp but when i google the amplifier for this car it looks nothing like what the vehicle has. Unless the amplifier is located somewhere else.

Old 06-12-2024, 06:12 PM

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts
SL500
Not all the cars have an amplifier. Will depend on specification of the car.

Look at the rear of the head unit. If the speaker cables go directly to it it has its own amplifier.
If no speaker wires, and a fibre MOST connector, then you do have an amplifier. Only BOSE or HK systems will have an external amplifier.