CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Rough Idle - m271 problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2024, 04:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK w209
Question Rough Idle - m271 problems

Hello guys,
2003 clk 200 kompressor m271 - 163hp has been having this problem for the past 7 years and after probably thousands spent now I still can't seem to find the problem with rough idle and engine shutting off one cylinder. It works fine when driving, but as soon as I put in neutral(it's a manual) it's turning off 1 of the cylinders and starts working very poorly on 3 cylinders. After shutting the car off and turning it on again, it's working fine again. I've replaced spark plugs(like 5 times now at least),new coils(multiple times), MAP sensor, MAF sensor, Throttle body cleaned(one of the mechanic's looked at the live stats and said it's working normal) both o2 sensors- probably the most expensive one and still can't find what the issue is and. Went to multiple mechanics(at least 7-8 till now) and no one found the problem as they said it could be so many reasons for this and I've spent so much money from guessing what the problem is. I started thinking it's the crankshaft and camshaft (have not replaced them), but the start of the car seems fine without hesitation. If you have any recommendations I would be very happy to hear. Thank you !