CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

W209 AliExpress Android Head Unit, no power.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2024, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 270 (W209)
Arrow W209 AliExpress Android Head Unit, no power.

Hi, fellow MBWorld Members,

I have a slight problem with my new Head unit from AliExpress. It doesn't seem to power up, even though I connected everything. It won't work even with ignition on.

Maybe someone has done this, and knows what I should do. I would really appreciate any help, because I'm desperate, and I don't want to claim the head unit is faulty, because it seems just fine.
My car has some optical cable, but I don't have them connected to my pioneer, and all 5 speakers work flawlessly, with good quality, so I don't think that's the issue.
Car has 5 wires, New Head unit has 3. Top Photo is Car, Bottom is Head unit.
All bellow are wired accordingly, by default. I did not change any cables.
Head unit - Car.

Black to Brown.
Blue to black.
Yellow to Red/blue

My cars original wires.

Wires in the Android head Unit.

My dashboard with Pioneer, in case someone is wondering.

Original Audio 10 Unit.

Back shot of Audio 10 unit, changed to pioneer a few years ago.

Previous radio was aftermarket Pioneer. It has Yellow, Black, Blue, Red cables. Yellow&Red Were connected together via this blue thing in the photo, unit would not work without these yellow and red wires connected together.

Also Pioneer and previous original radio would work even without ignition, and I would really prefer that in new android, if possible. Strangely, there is no red wire in new android unit.

P.S. The reason I bought an Aliexpress Head unit, is to get Steering Wheel controls via Canbus. I really want to have that. Older pioneer will be kept as a backup or for another car. Please help me, and my car. Thank you in advance guys.
Also, can't miss a chance to post my car:

Last edited by Giedrius911G; 07-28-2024 at 10:10 AM.