CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Tried to troubleshoot my top today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2024 | 04:38 PM

2003 CLK 320 Cabriolet (W209)
Tried to troubleshoot my top today

So I visited my car at my friend's house until I get my plates and tried to troubleshoot the top today. I had spent a lot of time watchin @Top Hydraulics videos. They are awesome!

First I checked the fluid level and it was at the level of the filler nut. Is that too full?

Then I checked the 40-amp fuse as taught in the video. I had 12 volts at the power source, and then 12 volts on the other side of the fuse.

I got in car and tried to run top. I heard something move, really quickly, not sure what and then it stopped and I had a top warning on my speedometer that ended with "Visit workshop."

Given the full hydraulic pump I am hoping it is not any of the cylinders. And since the fuse is not blown I am hoping the pump is ok.

So I am guessing it is one of the microswitches, one that moves early. I am guessing the one that has something to do with releasing the back window bow???

Hope to get the car on a scanner soon.

Thank you