CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Brake Fluid Disappearing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 02:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK Coupe 200 Komp 53 Plate
Brake Fluid Disappearing

Hi Guys

Need to ask a question has anyone else had problems with the fluid levels I got some errors on the screen regarding the brakes.

I called Merc's Mobile and they said drive it to the dealer but the manual states suggestion AT RISK OF ACCIDENT

They top up the fluided as it was low and said there was no leaks they could see.

Where did the fluid go?

Thanks

Neil
Old 12-14-2004, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you know what. i am currently having the same problem. i got in some close calls on the road. now when i jump into my car, i would pump my brakes a few times til i get that sticky feeling. no idea, maybe the brake fluid is low? pads worn out? i am gonna take it to the dealership.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
"Top off brake fluid"!!!!

You don't just "top off brake fluid". Brake fluid naturally goes down in the reservoir as the pads and rotors wear. If the 'brake fluid low' warning comes on only three things can cause it....1. Excessive wear in the pads/rotors (at which time the 'pad wear' message should come on) 2. A leak in the brake hydraulic system 3. Not enough fluid was put in when the brake system was new and only minimal wear activated the warning message. Also, if you need to pump the brakes to get a more positive pedal pressure that's an indication that air is in the system and needs to be removed (serious problem). What were the "some errors" you got regarding the brakes??
Old 12-15-2004, 12:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks mleskovar. i will definately take it to the dealership now. lol