CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Brand New Tranny

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Brand New Tranny

Ok guys here's my story. A few weeks ago, I started noticing and feeling this grinding noise coming from my car at or around 40 to 60 MPH. At first it was periodical but then started getting worse. So I bring it in to the MB service guys. They took a look at it and 8 days later they return my car to me with the impression that they fixed the problem. They replaced some bearing in the tranny. Well that was their fix. Anyways, I get the car back and 10 minutes down the road, I notice the problem happening again. I am thinking to myself this cant happen again, they just fixed my car. Anyways, I bring it back in the following day and boy was I heated! They did a half *** job, kepted my car for 8 days, and didn't fix the problem. But I kept my cool because I want to be cool with the service guys. Anyways, my car has been at MB for the past 4 days and I get a phone call from my service guy yesterday and he says that the car is ready. I ask him what was done and what was the issue. They just said that they replaced the transmission! I was like , WOW! Brand new transmission! Thank god I am still under warrenty! Anyways, the question I have is, what do you guys thought was wrong with my car, and is a new tranny good for my car. I mean of course the old tranny was obviously bad, but I feel like it won't be the same car. WOuld it be better? I remember I got into an accident with my audi. It was pretty bad. IT was head on collision. The whole front end was totalled and the engine was damaged. They fixed everything and put in new engine parts yet the car didn't run the same! Just your thoughts guys?
Old 12-17-2004, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 A4 S Line
I would imagine that a brand new tranny to replace the old one can only be a good thing!