CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Saw new CLK in Amsterdam

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2002 | 04:08 PM
Almost a Member!

Saw new CLK in Amsterdam

Hi All,

I have been in Amsterdam a few days ago, and visited the MB dealership there. Saw new E and CLK class on the showroom floor. They had a CLK 320 (elegance style) without the sport package and E 320 that looked a lot like Lexus G class.

In person the car looks a bit longer and wider then the current model. The front looks O.K., a bit like the C class. The back looks like a Volvo C70. I am sorry, but the model lost it's distinctive look. The inside looked nice with off-white leather. I thought there was a noticeble increse in rear seating space.

I currently drive a 2001 CLK 430. After seeing the new model I would not get it.

Please let me know if anyone want's to see the pictures I took there.

Regards,
Robert
Old 05-29-2002 | 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Robert,

Yes please post them up.

Thanks,
Old 05-29-2002 | 06:00 PM
Almost a Member!

huh??

no offense, but how distinctive can the current clk be??
it's a c-based coupe with a e-front, not to mention all the other flaws compared to the new designed W209, just too hard for me not to give it a thumb up
Old 05-29-2002 | 06:59 PM

2004 Range Rover, 02 S 600, 02 Yukon
well

there could be a point to the new clk being less distinctive, when the 208 came out, the only other benz that look liked it was the E class and that was a 4 door sedan....with the new CLK shape, you could confuse it for C class sedan, C class wagon, the C coupe, the new SL (inside and out) the CL to some point, add to this the new E class front and back. I think in general benz models are starting to look way to much alike, for the most part I love all the shapes, I just wish they could be a little bit more distinctive as I think our friend in amsterdam was pointing out
Old 05-29-2002 | 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well,

my opinion (2 cents for what it's worth), the CLK does not look like the C class, yes it does have the round headlights in the front like the E class, but if you look at a CLK and an E class stopped at a traffic light facing you, you will see the CLK hood seems to slope downward more (or is it me.)

The new CLK, front looks sort of like the new SL, out of all the angles the rear I'm thrilled about the least, although at other angles, with the sport package, looks very good.