CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

New AMG DTM Package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 02:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350 '06
Since I can't afford a real one, I guess I'll settle for this model which has amazing detail...

http://www.idcow.com/mst2105.html
Old 12-04-2005, 04:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Originally Posted by Bones
Autohaus on Edens in Northfield has 2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK DTM AMG displayed on their showroom floor. Absolutely stunning to say the least!!! Salesman said it was the only one currently in the States, and it will be at the AMG event in Milwaukee. He said it sounded amazing as they were loading it off the truck, driving it in to the showroom floor. The car is so sweet. Sorry no pics.

Just wanted to give a heads to everyone, and to the Chicago crew that posts on this board go check it out.(I think the salesmen said it will be there for 2 more weeks)

Cheers!!!!
Off topic, but how do you guys like the service at the Autohaus on Edens?I've purchased only my CLK from them (because they were the first to have it) and I've purchased every other Mercedes I've owned (4 others over the years) from Loeber Motors in Lincolnwood, and I have to say that I HATE going to Autohaus and dealing with their staff.

They are incredibly arrogant and I hate how they talk about customers behind their backs. I was in for service, and one of the service managers was on the phone with a customer, was very rude to the customer, slammed the phone down and just went off on a rampage about the customer. I was there the next day and witnessed the same thing. Last time I was there, three of the service managers were bragging to each other about how much they marked up items and how stupid people were to pay for them.

I only bring in the car over their for the wash and the warranty work. All other work that is done at cost to me will be done elsewhere if I can't do it myself. I can see why Loeber Motors is so much busier than they are. I will never purchase another one from Autohaus.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:44 AM

CLK55 AMG 2006 Cabrio, BMW M3 2008 DTC Cab new (M3 e46 SMG 2003 Cabrio Sold), BMW X5 tt Diesel 2008
I ordered and have recieved a CLK AMG LSD with heavier driveshafts & universal loints from Germany for my new CLK55, while doing business with AMG Germany I asked them about availability for the DTM-CLK Cabrio and there response was "there is 100 DTM-CLK Cabrio's being made and we already have 152 orders, I will get marketing to contact you".

So a few people are going to miss out, also the car has only passed European spec. If I brought one into Australia I would be unable to register it for road use and I would assume you would have to spend a fair bit of extra cash to make it street legal in the US as well.

I don't think your wife would like getting in & out of those race seats at the supermarket to much either. If you can afford to have it setting in your garage to look at it then go for it.

I know the local BMW dealer pretty well and he asked me down to the dealership the other day as he was sevicing a Maclaren (2.5m Dollars) to have a look at it. It came in it's own truck with 4 large crates of service equipment. The sevice cost $45,000 Australian.

I don't think there would be to many MB dealers around that could service a DTM-CLK either and the insurance would be a little expensive as well.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:32 PM

2006 SLK55 AMG/// 2006 Porsche CaymanS 2010 135i
Originally Posted by Chi500
Off topic, but how do you guys like the service at the Autohaus on Edens?I've purchased only my CLK from them (because they were the first to have it) and I've purchased every other Mercedes I've owned (4 others over the years) from Loeber Motors in Lincolnwood, and I have to say that I HATE going to Autohaus and dealing with their staff.

They are incredibly arrogant and I hate how they talk about customers behind their backs. I was in for service, and one of the service managers was on the phone with a customer, was very rude to the customer, slammed the phone down and just went off on a rampage about the customer. I was there the next day and witnessed the same thing. Last time I was there, three of the service managers were bragging to each other about how much they marked up items and how stupid people were to pay for them.

I only bring in the car over their for the wash and the warranty work. All other work that is done at cost to me will be done elsewhere if I can't do it myself. I can see why Loeber Motors is so much busier than they are. I will never purchase another one from Autohaus.
PM Sent
Old 12-08-2005, 10:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 GL450, 2009 G55 Mocha Black with Cognac Interior, 08 911 Turbo Cab, 08 CLK63 Black Series
WOW. what a car!

---there is a guy on U.K. EBay claiming he has one for sale but won't provide vin number or pics, or individual number of the car. I think he may be a spoof. When I emailed him for info to authenticate the car he became like a rat in a corner. My guess is he's full of it, too bad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...DME:L:RTQ:US:1

Last edited by Learso; 12-08-2005 at 10:04 PM.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:48 PM

Received 132 Likes on 77 Posts
S 63 Coupe, GLS 63
Originally Posted by robertus
I don't think there would be to many MB dealers around that could service a DTM-CLK either and the insurance would be a little expensive as well.
Its not much different then a 209 just like yours. Any competent mechanic familiar with a 209 could fix it just fine.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
well you can buy z06 and it is faster then CLK DTM Around nuredbrgrbsajhdf ring 7:42! And buy a house and a bike. lol

But seriusly wouldnt it be cool if they would make mass production of that instead of CLK55 lol
Old 12-09-2005, 06:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Piece of SH*T
It's funny how I seen this car crusing around the shopping center near starbucks about a month ago..I thought I was dreaming and never thought anyone around my area would actually have this special car....when I see ferraris, lambos and bentleys it's like a normal hype but when I seen this, it was a whole different feeling lol..this car is amazing in person!
Old 01-08-2006, 03:28 PM

thats gorgeous