CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Wheels - searching for size and offset info....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Wheels - searching for size and offset info....

For the 2-piece AMG wheels on the W208 CLK Safety Car. Or, were these "one-off" specials for the safety cars only?
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
AMG-Safety-Cars.bmp (284.8 KB, 333 views)
Old 08-11-2005, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
Steve...

Originally Posted by Chappy
For the 2-piece AMG wheels on the W208 CLK Safety Car. Or, were these "one-off" specials for the safety cars only?
I'm assuming that you're talking about the "SL" two piece five spoke wheel in 18". That wheel was available from normal US stock and from the Tirerack, but only in offsets for 129 SL. Yes, it was custom fabricated for the 208 safety car. The offsets of course are way different. However...I don't know why, if you could find some, that you couldn't shave the hub and probably make them work. As you know, there ain't much in this world that you can't make work given enough time and money. The wheel you are asking about was in fact in the AMG product guide for a while (may still be), but with a "custom fitment" caveat (in other words, they had to make the centers work too). It was exceedingly expensive. I hate to mention this and start a fire, but several of the copy manufacturers make that design wheel in the 2 piece look that is the correct offset for your car. I think that Bekkers and NR Auto both had it at one time. You guys can debate it for the next few hundred posts, but I have to say that some of the quality on these replicas looks very, very good.
Hope this helps. See you Sunday? I'll be in a BMW, so I may be ignored....
Old 08-11-2005, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by allenjdmb
Hope this helps. See you Sunday? I'll be in a BMW, so I may be ignored....
Thanks for the reply Yes, I plan on being at the SELOC meet Sunday..we can discuss the finer points of replica wheels :p

I'll look at the Bekkers site this afternoon