CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Fog light change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes
Fog light change

My right fog light turn on and off occasionally. I tried to change I find it to be a little tricky has anyone changed it themselves. I know this seems pretty pathetic but its the truth. Input appreciated.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
so no one has changed a fog light!
Old 09-17-2005, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS550
I have changed the fog light on my CLK before. You have to get under the car to do it though. I changed one before I had it lowered and it wasn't too bad getting under there. Once I put the H&R springs on there it was a little more difficult, lol. Ok, so from memory (i'm sitting at an airport and can't look at the car at the moment):

1. You have to get under the car and find 4 or 5 screws that hold on the splash guard under the fog light. They are easy to identify once you are under there.

2. Once the splash guard is removed, you have to look at the light fixture from behind, i.e. back looking forward. You will see a metal clip that you can rotate down and it will allow you to remove a cover from the back of the light assembly.

3. Once you have that cover off, if you look into the assembly from behind, you'll see two spring clips that hold the bulb in place. You have to push those together and allow them to pop out. You can then take out the bulb and unplug the little connector wire that gives it power.

I know this is far from the greatest description, but like I said, i don't have access to the car at the moment to refresh my memory or take pics. I tried to do it without getting under the car and just couldn't get my hand in the right places and at the right angles. Hope this was at least some help...

Cheers,

Dominik
Old 09-18-2005, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Originally Posted by Machsurfer
I have changed the fog light on my CLK before. You have to get under the car to do it though. I changed one before I had it lowered and it wasn't too bad getting under there. Once I put the H&R springs on there it was a little more difficult, lol. Ok, so from memory (i'm sitting at an airport and can't look at the car at the moment):

1. You have to get under the car and find 4 or 5 screws that hold on the splash guard under the fog light. They are easy to identify once you are under there.

2. Once the splash guard is removed, you have to look at the light fixture from behind, i.e. back looking forward. You will see a metal clip that you can rotate down and it will allow you to remove a cover from the back of the light assembly.

3. Once you have that cover off, if you look into the assembly from behind, you'll see two spring clips that hold the bulb in place. You have to push those together and allow them to pop out. You can then take out the bulb and unplug the little connector wire that gives it power.

I know this is far from the greatest description, but like I said, i don't have access to the car at the moment to refresh my memory or take pics. I tried to do it without getting under the car and just couldn't get my hand in the right places and at the right angles. Hope this was at least some help...

Cheers,

Dominik
Thanks dominik I will try this approach