CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

help!!! no reception on 04 clk amg aftermarket stereo..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 01:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help!!! no reception on 04 clk amg aftermarket stereo..

Ok, I have some problems Iam desperate to fix. I have a 2004 clk amg. I took it tothe best stereo shop we have here inmerced and had an aftermarket stereo installed 2 weeks ago and have had problems ever since. The installed a new deck ( pioneer premier) new rockford amp, new door speakers, and a box with subs in the trunck and new cd changer, and sirus satelite radio kit for a grand total cost of $3,700 ( I got ripped). Anyways heres where the problem starts, my radio now has no reception, it is horriable I barely get any stations. My stock bose sound sytem got great reception and sound. I have taken back to the shop 3 times and thy can not fix. They say the powered antenna in the window is not hooked up and they can not find the correct wires to hook it up, they installed an antenna inside my car but it is nothing like the stock stereo even the satelite system they installed is not as good as the built in one my car already had calls to the mercedes dealership has not helped... I do not know where to procced from here, I have alotof money invested and all I have that works is the cd changer. I would like t know if anyone knows a soultion for this problem.... or If I should demand they give me back my money and return th system to stock. We are giving them one more change before contacting our attorney. I would be forever thankful if anyone can help. Any questions please emai me or reply. Thank you
wd9482@aol.com
Old 09-24-2005, 02:08 AM

C32 AMG
how about they just replace the antenna? make them find the wires that they they need to reconnect it and replace the antenna as well, or you could just get an aftermarket antenna(if they even have those). otherwise either stop listening to radio or go back to stock =\
Old 09-24-2005, 03:04 AM

Antenna is built in window

Originally Posted by IdriveFast
how about they just replace the antenna? make them find the wires that they they need to reconnect it and replace the antenna as well, or you could just get an aftermarket antenna(if they even have those). otherwise either stop listening to radio or go back to stock =\
Am not sure but believe antenna is bulit into front window (convertiable).