CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

CLK55 AMG Multiplay CD removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK55 AMG Multiplay CD removal

Hi please can any one help me with how to remove the multiplay cd player from the glove box on the passenger side. The car is approx 06/2003 and has the comand and phone etc as standard. This is my bosses car and i have to fit the Dension Ipod interface in place of the cd changer in the car. I need to remove the cd so i can get to the fibre cables and power control wires in order to connect a new type of kenwood cd interface. I have removed the glove box but could not see what holds the cd player in the car. please can you help . Thankyou
Old 11-28-2005, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by 540itouring
Hi please can any one help me with how to remove the multiplay cd player from the glove box on the passenger side. The car is approx 06/2003 and has the comand and phone etc as standard. This is my bosses car and i have to fit the Dension Ipod interface in place of the cd changer in the car. I need to remove the cd so i can get to the fibre cables and power control wires in order to connect a new type of kenwood cd interface. I have removed the glove box but could not see what holds the cd player in the car. please can you help . Thankyou
Held in by one screw on the right side ....
Old 11-30-2005, 06:30 AM

Hi , this is a right hand drive car and i have removed a screw from the left hand side of the cd player. The player has a 6 cd storage box next to the cd player and looks like that is screwed in inside the storage box and so the cd player is still well secured after the one screw was removed. Please can you help with how to remove the cd storage box and what else holds the cd on the other side ? the side next to the center consoul . Thanks for your help

i think this car is a W208

Last edited by 540itouring; 11-30-2005 at 06:34 AM.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:25 PM

I had to brake the cd storage box as i could not get it out but once out it was one screw and slide the unit out. I have now fitted the Dension Ice>Linkplus and so far works great . This is a worth while upgrade as the sound is great plus steering wheel control of ipod.