CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

H&R Sport Springs & Bilstein Sport Shocks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK55
CoolCarl: Thanks for putting up the part numbers, thats a great help. Btw, it looks like the 1st set of numbers that you put up for the W210 front/rears are the one's for the W208 as well. Since I am new to MB, I am guessing that the W210 chassis pads are interchangable with the W208? Thanks

Ashutt: I am installing the exact size you mentioned and spoke w/Luke at Tirerack. He asssured me they would fit perfectly on an 18' wheel but I do not know about 17' (I would assume so, though the stocks are not as wide.). FYI, I am getting the 18' Monoblocks in 18x8 and 18x9. I have ordered the springs as well, the H&R 29377 along with the Koni's. I have decided to keep the rear at a #2 (stock) and puchase a #2 set and a #3 set for the front (stock on mine is #4) since the car has a larger front gap and that I may switch em around during the install. From what I have gathered, you should pick up a camber kit as the wear is pretty bad. There are kits available for front and rear but I do not recall the name of the co. I will let others chime in on that. You can probably find it with the search feature.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:38 AM

AMG 55, 335i, Mini Cooper S
Originally Posted by ashutt
I have a 2001 CLK 55 AMG with the 17 monoblock AMG wheels. I have read several of the past posts regarding springs and pads. In effort to lower my ride and improve handling, I have purchased the H&R springs (part# 29377) and the #2 spring pads for the fronts with #1 spring pads in the rear. However, I am now worried that this may be to low for the car? I do not want the tires below the wheel wells but I also have 17 inch wheels. But I also don't want a slammed look or ride.

Can anyone comment on this set-up and what the ride height might be? Should I get at #3 for the front and use the #2 in the rear? Will I need to purchase a camber kit or get different shocks (I believe the car has the AMG-Bilstein gas-pressurized shock absorbers) Where do you purchase a camber kit if it is needed? Does the camber kit only work in the front with no adjustment in the rear?

Finally, I would like to put 235/45/17 and 265/40/17 on the rear. Will this actually work without rolling the fenders or will the tires rub?
The car is only too low if there are problems like scraping, wheel rubbing, or it just looks bad. With the set up you have you should be fine. I'm running 275's in the back with 19's and I have H&R with #1 pads and no problems.
Camber kit for the rear can be bought at Renntech, Speedy Benz, Josh R. and a few others. The front is a camber bolt at the dealer for cheap $15.00.
Your car should do fine with the tire set up you want, the tires may bulge out a little.
Mario
Old 12-20-2005, 02:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 GL450, 2009 G55 Mocha Black with Cognac Interior, 08 911 Turbo Cab, 08 CLK63 Black Series
55Power,

It is unfortunately not uncommon to get the confussed look by a (non-exceptional) mechanic when it comes to pads. Any decent one would know right away what you are talking about. Find a better mechanic if you can.

Be sure too take photos of your car once its all done and post them here. I am interested to see your H&R setup.

Good luck,

Learso
Old 12-21-2005, 01:13 AM

2002 CLK55
Learso,

Finally found a dealer today that understood what I meant. I did have to tell him to look at the various W210 pads but he finally was able to order it. I did confirm the part number with coolcarls's list in this thread so it should be all systems go from here. I'm just waiting for everything to arrive. Hope to have it on by this weekend. I will definitely post pics once completed. Thanks to everyone who has been patient with an MB newbie.