CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Winter Driving ///AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2002, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32 AMG
Winter Driving ///AMG

Amigos
This will be my first year driving the beast in the Northern Jersey Winter Seasons - Any Tips? I Will Be Mounting A Set Of MZ02 Winter Tires. I was thinking about adding 50lbs of sandbags in the rear for added weight. Thanks in Advance for Any Advice You May Have.

P.S It's Been A Couple Of Weeks With The BEAST - And I Must Say I Really Do Love This Car - Being A PORSCHE Lifer For The Past 10 Years I Always Found An Attraction To The AMG Line - Now That I Have One To Call My Own, I Can Truly Understand The Reasoning Behind Owning One -
Old 08-19-2002, 02:15 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 55
I have been driving a CLK55 for the past two winters in central NJ. I put snow tires on all four wheels. While there has not been a lot of snow, in the few situations where I had to drive in the snow, I have had no problems. I do not have any extra weight in the trunk.

In snow, I use the "W" mode of the transmission. ESP sometimes came on, while I was accelerating from a standstill, but only slight blinking.

For many years, most cars were read-wheel drive, and had powerful engines. I seem to remember that it snowed back then too.

The key, to snow driving, is common sense. Don't try to see how fast you can go before you lose control! :-)