CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

NorCal Track Event!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 11:34 PM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 slk55
NorCal Track Event!

Read about it here:
https://mbworld.org/forums/events-gatherings/156421-feeler-norcal-track-event.html

Hope to see your there!

-Dan
Old 07-26-2006, 01:17 AM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 slk55
We're getting some people together! Don't you want to join?
Old 07-29-2006, 12:44 PM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 slk55
Norcal Event is coming together!

NorCal Track event is shaping up nicely. Look at the current roster. Looks like it's going to be fun!
You can find the signup thread here: https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=156421

-SLK55 - dsb
-500se - exgpimp
-C32 - Trekman
-CLK55 - rroberts
-E55 - zoink
-Kleeman SLK55 KS7 - YellowR1
-RX-7 (363whp) - YellowR1
-Renntech SLK55 - Jesseliu
-GT3 – arcticfox

Still not sure? I’ve gathered some FAQ’s regarding the event.

Is it safe for me and my car?
Yes. These events are designed to teach you car control. It is not a race. It is not timed. You each will have your own instructor passenger. They coach you before, during, and after each session. The sessions are kept safe by many things including 1)the instructors on course, 2)the limited passing areas, and 3)you’ll get the boot if you drive dangerously!

This is my first time doing this. My car or skills aren’t adequate. I’m inexperienced.
That’s okay. Most people attending these events are first timers. Swallow your pride. Get our there and learn. Also, don’t worry about your car. You’ll need to ensure most basic things are prepared, but you don’t need your own race team. The vehicle you drive doesn’t matter much either. The last event I attended had a wide range of vehicles from a Z06 and GT3 to a C230k and Ford Focus. It’s all good.

I never plan to race. This is not for me. I won’t get much out of this.
Wrong! This is for anyone who wants to improve their driving skills. You will become a better driver. You learn your and your car’s limits. The skills you acquire help you a great deal on the road. This is a great way to hone your driving skills while having a great time.

Is it a good value? What’s the cost vs other programs?
I took extra time looking for great values, not cheap, but programs that offer great benefits at a great cost. Some driving events cost over $1K. Granted, classes like Skip Barber include their car. However, I feel the events I listed are better in that you learn how to control YOUR car. There’s real benefit in that. Look at some comparable classes below. You’ll see that the Thunderhill driving school and NASA HPDE is some of the best values.

Best values:
$225 Thunderhill Driving school- includes (5) 20 min sessions, instructor, shirt and lunch
$149 (+ $40 annual fee) NASA HPDE- includes (4) 20 min sessions and instructor

Other similar programs at higher cost:
$185-335 Trackmasters
$245 Hooked on Driving

As you can see, this will be a great outing. Please reconsider the program and determine if it’s right for you.

Dan