CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Battery Warning, Visit Workshop.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Battery Warning, Visit Workshop.

So, last week I got this red battery warning light while driving the wifey's car. Was concerned and called Mercedes Roadside, but they won't come out until the battery is completely dead. Not wanting to wait until that happens and since it's under warranty, I brought it in last Fri. to the local MB dealer for service. After a couple hours or so, they told me that the battery was low and the windows and sunroof were out of sync. So, they replaced it w/ a new battery, took care of the windows/sunroof and I got out of there w/o paying a penny (kinda surprised I didn't have to pay for the battery, but I won't complain). No more problem...or so I thought.

Okay, so for the past few days, the red battery warning light comes on again every day in the morning, but disappears when driven in the afternoon. I made another appt. and just dropped it off this morning for inspection and showed the SA the warning light and stated that today is the 4th day in a row that warning light appeared. Anyone have any idea on why the low battery light keeps turning on even after it was replaced w/ a new battery? Also, I'll post what happens after I pick it up today after work. Just curious if this kind of thing happened to any body else.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:34 PM

The Service Advisor told me that they replaced the Voltage Regulator and the warning light hasn't shown up afterwards, but they'd like to keep the car over night and see if the problem will arise again or not. So, I let them keep it overnight.

Dropped by the local dealer this a.m. w/ the wifey and talked to the SA. The problem w/ the battery low warning light hasn't appeared after a test drive and the wifey got to drive it home today. I'm glad. Since it's under warranty, there was nothing to pay, thankfully!
Old 08-16-2006, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Glad to learn your issue was resolved.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Chappy
Glad to learn your issue was resolved.
Thanks, I'm glad, too. I didn't wanna hear anything about my wife starting to have second thoughts about buying the car. Despite this inconvenience, she's happy and that's all that matters.