CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Work in Progress Front Mount Heat Exchanger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 08:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
I love those wheels! If only they cleared a BBK! I have too many cars to do a trade, sorry. You should sell the S500 and get a Kleemann kit for the CLK55! Trust me, its SOOOOOO much fun! The best part i sseeing th eguy in the car next to you doing this
My favorite video so far that my friend took (me vs. some hopped up pickup truck with the engine poppin through the hood):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5VVv...elated&search=
Old 12-15-2006, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Don't use NOS, its not worth it, trust me lol. The stuff is evil (Then again, maybe it was a bad idea going through 4 bottles in 1 1/2 weeks...)

Your car looks sick bro, you have an amazing ride. High 11's with stock tires is Z06 speeds . The exchanger looks great, reminds me of the STi's I see with the gigantic IC's. Simply awesome.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
Don't use NOS, its not worth it, trust me lol. The stuff is evil (Then again, maybe it was a bad idea going through 4 bottles in 1 1/2 weeks...)

Your car looks sick bro, you have an amazing ride. High 11's with stock tires is Z06 speeds . The exchanger looks great, reminds me of the STi's I see with the gigantic IC's. Simply awesome.
Thanks! What happened to your car? I wouldnt use nitrous that often, only in 2 circumstances 1) At the track or 2) If I'm losing a race and need that extra boost

High 11's was pre huge front mount

Last edited by blackbenzz; 12-15-2006 at 04:24 PM.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Well, everything was going awesome for about a month...

Now, maybe like 1 in every 8 times while sitting at a red light my car will shake and the RPMs will go up and down. When the car shifts from 2nd to 1st when I slow down (if I slam the brakes or even just slow down smoothly) it will randomly slip and then jump into 1st violently, sometimes making the car jump foward. Then, there are times where if I hit the gas lightly while driving the car will shake. Annoying stuff like that, I'm worried the tranny is dying. NOS is awesome though, lol, its like having a s/c whenever you want it.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupé
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I decided to put in a bigger heat exchanger for my Kleemann s/c since it would get very hot and stay hot for long periods of time. As you all know cooler temps = more power and more consistent power. So anyways, I looked all over and couldn't find one that would fit perfectly. After alot of research I found an AFCO Pro Series dual pass heat exchanger made for heavily modified mustang cobra's. The inlet/outlet pointed toward the back of the car instead of out the side and this forced me to mount it off center. Th eheat exchanger was MASSIVE and I was forced to cut alot of the bumper out in order to put the bumper back on. Let me remind you that this is a work in progress and I will be ordering a custom heat exchanger with inlet/outlet on the side and thinner in order to fit behind a aftermarket bumper. THIS IS NOT THE FINAL PRODUCT! The 2 guys in the pics are friends that helped with the install. So after the install I can now lay my hand on the s/c after running the car hard. That was never possible before. Even after a quick pass the s/c would be burning hot before. It never gets "hot" the most it gets is warm. I cant wait to take it to the track and see the difference in times.

Also my eisenmann race exhaust should be here soon

What is the difference in weight between the little black Kleemann FMIC and the big shiny King Cobra version?
Old 01-27-2007, 05:06 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
heat exchanger

First of all, let me start by saying you have one very sick ride. You've done alot of great work on it and it shows. I also have to say that I have many of your car's pics stored in my computer as references to some of the mods I'm looking into.

Currently, I'm looking to enlarge my heat exchanger for the same reason you are. The only difference is that I have a 2002 500SL equipt with a HPS system that I'm trying to fit it into.

If you are looking into another exchanger that would fit behind the stock bumper without any cutting involved, then let me know. I know of at least one other guy willing to purchase one as well. I was wondering if buying 3 might enable us all to save some $.

Thanks.

PS i love that you used the AMG55's stock airbox on your system. Looks like it belongs in there.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Any updates on the car?

And about the nitrous...I got everything pulled out (had to bring it in for Service B lol). I got the MAF sensor replaced with another one so the car is completely stock right now. Since then, I haven't had one problem with the car at all. I have a feeling that when the nitrous was installed that they didn't put the MAF sensor on right or something. We'll see what happens when I put the stuff back in lol (and upgrade to a 100 shot )
Old 01-28-2007, 02:38 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
The car is undergoing "show" modifications right now. Thanks for the kind words too. I would be interested in a large heat exchanger that could be hidden behind the bumper. Let me know if you find one. I never got back to that project
Old 02-04-2007, 11:15 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
04 E55 B07
The car is undergoing "show" modifications right now. Thanks for the kind words too. I would be interested in a large heat exchanger that could be hidden behind the bumper. Let me know if you find one. I never got back to that project
I found a heat exchanger that measures 24 x 7 x 3 , i was wondering what size is yours, and another question, did you upgrade the ic pump?
Old 02-04-2007, 01:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by mertd93
I found a heat exchanger that measures 24 x 7 x 3 , i was wondering what size is yours, and another question, did you upgrade the ic pump?
Not sure of the exact dimesnions. All I can find on the net is that its ove 28" in diameter.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:52 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
04 E55 B07
I have to measure and see if it fits behind my amg r129 sl bumper.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Got an update for everybody.
A) Eisenmann race is installed (Resonator still in tact and may be deleted soon). I didnt feel any performance gain but who knows. Sounds ok, still waiting for it to be broken in. I have scared my friends by revving it in a parking lot, lol.
B) Bought the Carlsson RS bumpers from that guy on ebay. Worst fitment EVER! I actually bought 4, 2 for me and 2 for some friends. I ended up having to eat the whole cost cuz they wouldnt fit without major work. So to cut my losses I had my AMG bumper cut in half and molded to the bottom half of the crappy fitting Carlsson RS one. It has been in the shop for 2 weeks and is being painted today (may already be done).
C) Heat exchanger- I had a place that builds custom choppers relocate the inlet/outlet to provide better fitment and freer flow (also cut off the tow hook to allow the best fitment).

And for the money shot:

Sorry for all the pics. I will let you guys know how it goes when we try to put it on the car and fit the bumper over it. Keep your fingers crossed!

D) My rims will finally be here next week (DPE Signature Series S20's with custom gold center and chrome lips). I have tires and front Brembo BBK waiting to go on once the wheels get here.

E) I have the track rented out on April 3rd. I havent tracked the car in a while but I hope to beat the pevious best of 11.7

stay tuned...
Old 03-11-2007, 11:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I picked up my car and the bumper looks great! The heat exchanger fits and has plenty of extra room. But is not perfectly centered because I changed my mind and decided to hold off on cutting off the tow hook. I will take pics in the morning. Bumper is very low to the ground and I have already scraped a couple times. I will order KW v.2 coilovers to raise the front a bit.
The bad news is that when I picked up my car the intercooler pump was dead. I know that when I dropped it off it was fine. Maybe the shop turned the ignition while there was no coolant in the system and fried the pump. I'm now on the quest for a new pump.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:55 AM

2001 Kleemann CLK 230K, 2006 CLS 350, GTR R35
oh post the pictures you ******!
Old 03-12-2007, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Custom CLK / 05 E500 4matic / 04 Acura TL <<Daily
I picked up my car and the bumper looks great! The heat exchanger fits and has plenty of extra room. But is not perfectly centered because I changed my mind and decided to hold off on cutting off the tow hook. I will take pics in the morning. Bumper is very low to the ground and I have already scraped a couple times. I will order KW v.2 coilovers to raise the front a bit.
The bad news is that when I picked up my car the intercooler pump was dead. I know that when I dropped it off it was fine. Maybe the shop turned the ignition while there was no coolant in the system and fried the pump. I'm now on the quest for a new pump.
Post pics Ahmad...I want to see the beast with the new wheels.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I was gonna wait to actually get some good pics and get the rims on but this should hold you guys off for a little bit.

And the money shot:

The intercooler pump from Kleemann is $800 Guess I'm gonna keep looking around, lol. I will get an actual photshoot with the wheels and BBK whenever I get the intercooler pump back in and the car actually moves.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
00 KLEEMANN CLK 430 - 02 KLEEMANN CLK55 - 88 Euro / Jap AMG 560 SEC Widebody
Benzzzz - fitment looks great - did you splice on the top half of your stock bumper? New Bumper/Headlight surround fitmet looks perfect. And the FMIC is LARGE AND IN CHARGE . Now your S/C housing will be useful for keeping beer cold too

Scraping, shraping.... come on down to my world, where function and practicality mean nothing, and Hoover Vacuum ride height is everything

Pics with Gold DPE's please...

Oh, and please stay across the river in Maryland from now on..... you're gonna' make me look bad if you come over here to my side

and..... looks like Freddy got himself a new Avatar (and probably two matching 19 inch pairs to go with it )

Bunch of ballin' ballers.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by lowphat
Benzzzz - fitment looks great - did you splice on the top half of your stock bumper? New Bumper/Headlight surround fitmet looks perfect. And the FMIC is LARGE AND IN CHARGE . Now your S/C housing will be useful for keeping beer cold too

Scraping, shraping.... come on down to my world, where function and practicality mean nothing, and Hoover Vacuum ride height is everything

Oh, and please stay across the river in Maryland from now on..... you're gonna' make me look bad if you come over here to my side

and..... looks like Freddy got himself a new Avatar (and probably two matching 19 inch pairs to go with it )

+1 Waiting on those gold DPE's pictures also.Talking about Ballers U are the biggest baller Son.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by lowphat

Thanks for the compliments. Yea I spliced the bumpers together which is why it fits perfectly.

I have no idea how you drive around so low. I'm scared to crack my bumper, it costs too much to get fixed! I want to get coilovers so I can RAISE the front of my car, lol. BUt the bank account is reading "hurting" right now so I gotta hold off.

I'll get pics with the DPE's as soon as I get the wheels.

I will only be coming on your side of the river on April 5th and stay there as long as I have to. After that I'm gonna try to stay away! lol

And like Freddy said, you're the head baller, Freddy in second (his car is gonna be SICKKKKKKK when its done), and I'm just happy to be in the background. You need to come hang out with us more often. I have honestly admired your car since the first time I saw it
Old 03-13-2007, 02:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks for the compliments. Yea I spliced the bumpers together which is why it fits perfectly.

I have no idea how you drive around so low. I'm scared to crack my bumper, it costs too much to get fixed! I want to get coilovers so I can RAISE the front of my car, lol. BUt the bank account is reading "hurting" right now so I gotta hold off.

I'll get pics with the DPE's as soon as I get the wheels.

I will only be coming on your side of the river on April 5th and stay there as long as I have to. After that I'm gonna try to stay away! lol

And like Freddy said, you're the head baller, Freddy in second (his car is gonna be SICKKKKKKK when its done), and I'm just happy to be in the background. You need to come hang out with us more often. I have honestly admired your car since the first time I saw it

Nah BB, I dont think im second i think lowphat is first Blackbenzz second I'm the one in the background trying to catch up to you guys I know BB's car in and out and for me is SICK as hell but i never seen your car Marco sup with that? I have heard good thing about it but as you know never seen it with my own eyes, I hope u make some time when the weather gets nice and maybe go get a bite to eat in Gtown and park our rides in the front of the place we eating and pick a couple mamis.

Last edited by acb3nz; 03-13-2007 at 02:58 AM.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
00 KLEEMANN CLK 430 - 02 KLEEMANN CLK55 - 88 Euro / Jap AMG 560 SEC Widebody
Originally Posted by acb3nz
get a bite to eat in Gtown and park our rides in the front of the place we eating and pick a couple mamis.
DSYURHT SO FIGO MBY NOMAMIFRME