CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Maserati?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Maserati Coupe
Maserati?

Anyone have any thoughts on the new Maserati coupe? Anyone with firsthand driving/owning experience? I am interested in how/if this brand makes a comeback in the US following all its troubles over a decade ago.
Old 09-16-2002, 05:12 PM

M3 Cab
Re: Maserati?

Originally posted by Ebrigham
Anyone have any thoughts on the new Maserati coupe?
thoughts?.....i wished they hadn't changed the boomerang tail lights. other than that, it's a gorgeous grand tourer. i wonder what servicing will be like.

vs
Old 09-16-2002, 10:18 PM

Servicing will.....

...be very expensive. The cars are absolutely beautiful, both the spyder and coupe and with nearly 400hp it really hauls. Since you'll need to service them at Ferrari dealers, the hourly rate is substantial. Just got my car out of the shop and the hourly rate was $101!!
Old 09-17-2002, 07:09 AM

2004 Maserati Coupe
I agree

The biggest concern for me is the reliability of the US model, which is untested at this point. But you folks are right, it's a gorgeous car and plenty quick. The US warranty Maserati offers makes me a little more confident, but I still don't want a car that's in the shop all the time.

I believe they are about $20K more expensive than the AMG CLK will be, depending on options...
Old 09-18-2002, 08:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Re: Maserati?

Originally posted by Ebrigham
Anyone have any thoughts on the new Maserati coupe? Anyone with firsthand driving/owning experience? I am interested in how/if this brand makes a comeback in the US following all its troubles over a decade ago.
I sat in it in dealer's showroom.

The interior looks poorly designed.

For example: Between the seats is a large bass-speaker box that intrudes into the interior space, which is dominating element - just too cheap!

Check out the new Z for less than half the price. The Z is going to be a WIINER.