CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

power problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W208 CLK55
Exclamation power problem

My check engine light came on 2 days ago, so i reset it by disconnecting the battery. after i did that the car does not have the power it did before. What could be the problem?
Old 02-12-2007, 04:01 PM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Don't try to reset check engineby battery disconnect...the computer has to relearn all kinds of things (BAS/ESP?Window and sunroof limits/how you drive etc...). You want to know why light came on..maybe just not tightened gas cap...maybe O2 sensor is bad etcc. You need to pull the codes when this happens again. Pep Boys will do it free.
I think you should drive the car for a while and see if the cpu re-learns. If not, it was probably something that needs to be fixed (which the codes would have told you).
Hope that helps.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All of them!
Originally Posted by nix55
My check engine light came on 2 days ago, so i reset it by disconnecting the battery. after i did that the car does not have the power it did before. What could be the problem?
Run it hard and wind it out as hard as it will go a couple times (only a couple should be enough please). If it doesn't feel like it wants to, do it anyway as this will set codes faster. This should shake out the problems and set codes you can then read out for the running problem. Problem is deciding what to check and how when you retrieve the codes.
Or take it to your mechanic and have him fix it.
Rich