CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Another Newbie w/ questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Newbie w/ questions

Greetings to all of you AMG gearheads! I have been lurking on this board for the past month when I made the decision to purchase a CLK AMG. I finally pulled the trigger and bought a 2004 CLK55 AMG Cab w/ 28K miles (silver with light gray interior). What a hoot to drive! I have owned a Mercedes (SLK230 - it was my wife's car), Porsche, Jag, Lexus, BMW's in the past but this by far my FAVORITE car in terms of performance, practicality and asthetics. Any ways, I have couple of questions for you experts:

1. The lumbar switches have been knocked off; I know this is common. Will Mercedes replace them under warranty or do I have to order the part to replace it?

2. The car beeps at me repeatly and the message on the dashboard states "Don't Forget Key" after I remove the keys from ignition. The car comes equiped with Keyless Go and I was told the Keyless Go card has been lost. Is this normal or do you think the Keyless Go card is somewhere in the car and sensors are telling me to "Don't forget the key?"

3. Any thoughts on extended warranty's? Which ones do you recommend?

Thanks in advance for all your help. I look forward to being an active member!
Old 09-07-2007, 01:06 PM

CLK55 AMG
I just went thru this with the dealer over my missing lumbar switches. The lumbars were not working when I boughyt the car and the switch covers were missing. Evidently someone had been working on them and lost 'em. They have to be ordered from Germany and are roughly $3.00 each.

I had my extended warranty search narrowed to Chrysler and Mercury Direct. The literature was conflicting with what the dealership told me so I called Chrysler warranty direct and they informed me they would not write a warranty on Mercedes. So I am still searching.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:40 PM

Benz CLK 500 cab
Re #3 - I have a CLK 500 cab with keyless go. It is designed to always beep like that whether you have the keyless fob or the regular one with you. All the boards I have checked say you can't shut that off. It gets old fast. Vaguely I recall the Dealer telling me the same.

Bearer of bad news ...