CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Newbie w/2005 CLK55 AMG Cabrio Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Grand Cherokee HEMI, Searching 4 CLK55 Cabrio
Smile Newbie w/2005 CLK55 AMG Cabrio Questions

Hello All:

Nice to be on this forum -- looks to be a great crowd here! I have started looking for a nice used 2005 CLK55 Cabrio since I work for Karmann and we have a nice relationship with M-B on this car . Can you help wth some questions?

1. Driving experience? What is this car like to drive on daily basis? Comfort, handling, brakes, acceleration, body stiffness (top down), and noises/rattles.
2. Bluetooth -- is this a feature available on the car? Do I need a separate number or will my Bluetooth Blackberry sync?

That's really it -- would love to hear your comments. If anybody lives in Detroit area, would love to wrap with you about your car.

Thanks all,

BG
Old 11-30-2007, 12:30 PM

I have an 05 Cabrio - love the car. A great daily driver. I live in FL and we get a ton of rain in the summer. Very good top and seal. Yes, there are the occasional squeek, but generally pretty damn quiet. I have 18k on the car. Not sure about the bluetooth. I also spend a lot of time in the car on the phone for work. Easy and fun to drive!
Old 12-02-2007, 08:20 AM

2005 CLK55 AMG CABRIOLET
Originally Posted by BG in Detroit
Hello All:

Nice to be on this forum -- looks to be a great crowd here! I have started looking for a nice used 2005 CLK55 Cabrio since I work for Karmann and we have a nice relationship with M-B on this car . Can you help wth some questions?

1. Driving experience? What is this car like to drive on daily basis? Comfort, handling, brakes, acceleration, body stiffness (top down), and noises/rattles.
2. Bluetooth -- is this a feature available on the car? Do I need a separate number or will my Bluetooth Blackberry sync?

That's really it -- would love to hear your comments. If anybody lives in Detroit area, would love to wrap with you about your car.

Thanks all,

BG
I bought an 05 CLK55 Cabrio a few weeks ago $50K for a CPO with 19K miles.

1. Driving experience? Very comfortable to drive daily (Especially the drivers seat). Handling and brakes are excellent. Its' a convertible so it will squeak and rattle a bit and more as it loosens with age.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:31 AM

CLK55 AMG
I have a 2005 and I love it. It is extremely comfortable and up until a few days ago it was my daily driver. I drove it from Denver to LA, then back to Cleveland over a two week period. Couldn't ask for a nicer car. I am bummed she is laid up for the winter.