CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Convert CLK63 to a Black Series ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not yet determined
Convert CLK63 to a Black Series ?

Didn't know exactly how to search for what I am looking for so I thought someone might be able to point me to a previous thread. I was at a not so local dealer this week and saw, not one, but two CLK63 AMG Black Series. One silver and the other black. What an unbelievable car. Has anyone attempted to make a stock CLK63 look like a black series? Has anyone added rear seats to a Black Series? If I were to consider the black series it would need to have backseats (nothing fancy just safe and secure). It seems you couldn't just add on the different fender flares and spoilers etc to a stock AMG. I really like the convertable model, which of course the black series is not and the stock AMG already has the backseats in it. It seems aside from trying to make it asthetically look the same, there is quad exhaust project and the black series has the upgraded engine, wheels, steering wheel, carbon fiber interior and I am sure the list goes on.

Again, the two questions are:
Has anyone attempted to make stock CLK63 look like a black series? Has anyone added rear seats to a Black Series?
Old 12-12-2007, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
cheaper

to buy a black series ...

as to seats I'm sure you could add seats to the BS without too much hassle.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:37 AM

No longer car shopping...
Change title on thread?

Maybe you should consider changing the title of this thread to "Can someone tell me how to be a POSER?" LOL!

Ray Ray - Less time on here and more time in school and you may be able to afford the Black Series itself. Even if you do somehow learn that it is possible, please don't do it! You'd just have the guys in the know laughing at you to wasting the cash in the attempt.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:14 AM

Not yet determined
Originally Posted by ndabunka
Maybe you should consider changing the title of this thread to "Can someone tell me how to be a POSER?" LOL!
Thanks for the kind words. I wasn't trying to be a poser there are just certain features available on the regular CLK63 that even as a, non daily driver, would be nice to have to accomodate those unforseen circumstances where I would have to have my 3 year old in the car. I just really like the look of the Black Series and liked some of the features of the regular CLK63 (i.e. backseat, convertible). It is not like I was planning on registering on the forum as a Black Series owner, or throwing a Black Series badge on the car. It was just a friendly question.

Ray Ray - Less time on here and more time in school and you may be able to afford the Black Series itself.
I guess 18 posts is considered too much time on the forum. I don't remember sharing my educational background or net worth to the forum.

Even if you do somehow learn that it is possible, please don't do it! You'd just have the guys in the know laughing at you to wasting the cash in the attempt.
I appreciate you saying "please" and I don't spend a second of my time concerned about who laughs at me. Thanks for your advise.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
If I were in your shoes, I would approach your goal from the other direction. Buy a Black Series and have a conversion done to take off the roof, then add in the back seat.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:29 PM
spr
MBWorld Fanatic!

Don't worry about those posts.

Contact AMG in affalterbach. They'll make you one with a convertable. Problem solved. They can also stuff the 65 motor in it too and make it even better than the BS You of course can also get a dtm in convertable if you don't want the headache-