CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

On Selling My 2004 CLK55 Convertible...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 SL55 P30 Designo - Sold, 06 E55 Wagon, 04 CLK55A - sold
On Selling My 2004 CLK55 Convertible...

Unfortunately, circumstance makes me think I should try to sell my 2004 CLK55 Convertible. I bought it CPO'd from Fletcher Jones and although I tend to drive it like a little old lady, it's really fun. (I'm sticking with the e55 wagon which I keep in "S" mode!)

Question for you folks: what should I expect to sell it for private party or should I do the CarMax route? At this point, I'm not in a hurry but I would like to sell it.

I'm the 2nd owner - it came back to FJ as a lease turn-in, Brilliant Silver w/ Ash interior, Blk top. Has the hand-set thing in the armrest (but no phone). 36K miles. Perfect condition.

Any thoughts on pricing would be helpful. Thanks!
Old 01-31-2008, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
how about NADA.com or KBB.com

You probably won't get what you want for it. Depreciation is a Biooootch.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 74 Likes on 57 Posts
18 G550, 18 C350e
I think the convertible won't be too hard to sell. Despite the economy there are always people who are still doing well (those whose customers are of the old-money type for example)

Price it just a few thou above trade in and below private party and it will sell.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by Roar
Unfortunately, circumstance makes me think I should try to sell my 2004 CLK55 Convertible. I bought it CPO'd from Fletcher Jones and although I tend to drive it like a little old lady, it's really fun. (I'm sticking with the e55 wagon which I keep in "S" mode!)

Question for you folks: what should I expect to sell it for private party or should I do the CarMax route? At this point, I'm not in a hurry but I would like to sell it.

I'm the 2nd owner - it came back to FJ as a lease turn-in, Brilliant Silver w/ Ash interior, Blk top. Has the hand-set thing in the armrest (but no phone). 36K miles. Perfect condition.

Any thoughts on pricing would be helpful. Thanks!
You'll get a better price from a MB stealer than Carmax. I went to Carmax and laughed at their offer for my G Wagen. Took it to MB Santa Monica and made myself 4k extra. I've found dealers to be okay and I'm not a car salesman with the time to take private parties out for test drives.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 SL55 P30 Designo - Sold, 06 E55 Wagon, 04 CLK55A - sold
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
You'll get a better price from a MB stealer than Carmax. I went to Carmax and laughed at their offer for my G Wagen. Took it to MB Santa Monica and made myself 4k extra. I've found dealers to be okay and I'm not a car salesman with the time to take private parties out for test drives.

So you just deal with the dealer's used car manager? How do you think the outright sale numbers compared vs. if you had gotten "trade-in" numbers? Maybe I'll call them. I'm surprised about CarMax... have heard they were fair. Thanks for the heads up...

Appreciate all your responses!