CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Great Performance Shop In Florida

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK55 Kleemann
Great Performance Shop In Florida

If anybody is looking for a great shop to do any work on their Mercedes, I strongly recommend you check out Performance Autowerks in Tallahassee. These guys are Kleemann distributors and are as honest and fair as they come.

As many of you know I melted a piston in my CLK55 Kleemann. Ever since the car was put back together it has not run right. Power was only 340 hp at the wheels and it felt like it was running on 6 cylinders instead of 8!

After confirming the hp number on their in-house dyno, they set off to systematically diagnose my car. They checked the mass air meter, electrical and fuel systems. In the end with all the problems they found corrected the car dyno'd at 390 hp and 400 torque!

Nobody wanted to work on this car as they were all afraid to open a can of worms. Not Troy at Performance Autowerks! He assured me that if there was a problem, and he believed there was, he would find and correct it.

My car was returned in the same condition as it arrived, with no scratches or dents. In fact they actually did as I asked and did not even wash it as I have has too many shops swirl the black paint.

I don't usually recommend shops as it never fails that they next guy will have problems. But, I can't help but let you guys know how happy I am with the job they did on my car.

Next step HEADERS!
Old 03-30-2008, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by Charles Joseph
If anybody is looking for a great shop to do any work on their Mercedes, I strongly recommend you check out Performance Autowerks in Tallahassee. These guys are Kleemann distributors and are as honest and fair as they come.

As many of you know I melted a piston in my CLK55 Kleemann. Ever since the car was put back together it has not run right. Power was only 340 hp at the wheels and it felt like it was running on 6 cylinders instead of 8!

After confirming the hp number on their in-house dyno, they set off to systematically diagnose my car. They checked the mass air meter, electrical and fuel systems. In the end with all the problems they found corrected the car dyno'd at 390 hp and 400 torque!

Nobody wanted to work on this car as they were all afraid to open a can of worms. Not Troy at Performance Autowerks! He assured me that if there was a problem, and he believed there was, he would find and correct it.

My car was returned in the same condition as it arrived, with no scratches or dents. In fact they actually did as I asked and did not even wash it as I have has too many shops swirl the black paint.

I don't usually recommend shops as it never fails that they next guy will have problems. But, I can't help but let you guys know how happy I am with the job they did on my car.

Next step HEADERS!

.........congratulations. I am glad that you had the problem corrected. You would have had an even harder time if you were in South Florida. A lot of talk but really no performance shops. Not a single performance shop for Benzes in South Florida. Even the designated Kleemann dealers have nerver installed a Kleemann supercharger. They simply bolt on Kleemann crank pulleys on W211's and thats it. Lots of People in South Florida claim they have performances Benzes. First of all,most of the claims are bogus. South Florida is the capital for fake AMG's. The few that are true get "hooked up" with performance parts in their friends' home garages. No place to take your car if you have a problem such as the one you had. Not what you would expect in South Florida from outside looking in.

Ted
Old 03-30-2008, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK55 Kleemann
Ted,

I fully understand. Several of the Kleemann dealers said all they do is computer upgrades and pulleys. Most have not even seen a Kleemann supercharger!