CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

key remote battery problem...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
key remote battery problem...

i got the warning on my guage cluster saying that my key battery is low. In addition, my keyless go functions barely work/took a few times to open the door.

I checked to see if the battery was dead/low by using my cel phone camera aimed at the transmitter end while pressing the buttons. I saw the blue light blink so i thought maybe the voltage was low. I opened up the remote, checked the voltages on the batteries with a DMM and they were about 2.5V ea.

I decided to pick up a brand new pair of CR2025 3V energizer batteries from homedepot, installed them in the remote expecting the problem to go away.
After installing the batteries (correctly polarized) it was like there no batteries in the remote, nothing functioned. I tested to see if there was a blue light on the transmitter end - nothing. I removed the batteries to check their voltages and they were 2.8V ea.

I called up my service advisor on thurs and the SOB has yet to return my calls. I'm starting to get really annoyed. Anyone encounter the same situation? If so how did you resolve it.