CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

AMG Performance Studio Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG Performance Studio Upgrade

Hi guys,

I've been reading a lot on this forum, and have gained lots of information. Thanks.

I've finally put in a deposit for a 03 CLK55, and hope to get it in my hands within the next 2 weeks.

In the meantime, i've been checking out some possible upgrades and came across some parts that are listed on the AMG official website. In the AMG performance studio, i came across several upgrade options that is available officially by AMG(I guess it must be done when you order the car) and i would like to get some feed back.

1) Wheels

Option 1
AMG Multi Spoke Design with Conversion Kit(i think its the Style 5 DTM style model)
8.5 x 19 ET30
9.5 x 19 ET31
Question - Does the converstion kit means AMG uses the ET43 offset(from my data, AMG only makes ET43 offset for the 19' model for the multispoke Style 5 design) model and includes a 13mm and 12mm spacers for the front and rear respectively?

Option 2
AMG Style IV multipiece with modified dampers on the front axle
8.5 x 19 ET30
9.5 x 19 ET31
Question - Does anyone know why they need to modify the dampers to fit in those wheels?

2) Suspension

AMG Performance suspension
- includes springs and shock absorbers
Question - Is this an upgrade to the current CLK63 set-up? Does anyone know if the CLK63 sits lower than a CLK55

3)Interior - Sports Steering Wheel

AMG Performance Steering Wheel in Leather/Alcantara and AMG Shift Paddles - not available for CLK55
Question - Is this true? I remember reading the some previous post that a F1 safety car Alcantara steering wheel was available for the CLK55. Does anyone have this?

I got all this from the following link

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/assets/p...st_english.pdf

Thanks for taking the time to read my questions.

Regards,

P.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Where are you located?

MY buddy has an F1 medical car steering wheel he got some years ago for his C32.

If you are in the U.S., "AMG Manufaktur" or "Performance Studio" parts will be difficult to obtain. However, some items may be available through a sponsor. Check with "mbenznl".

Good luck.