CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

w209 (CLK55) seat problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK55 AMG CABRIOLET
w209 (CLK55) seat problem

anyone experience this problem.....

i lifted the handle on the back of the drivers seat to move the drivers seat forward to allow rear passengers out of the car. the headrest did not fully retract as it normally does. the seat went all the way forward (As it is supposed to) but the headrest then wedged between the winshield and headliner and would not retract. there was no way to move the drivers seat back again as it was wedged in place. the door controls for the seat were non-operative (since the seat was in the lifted position and not on the tracks).

Since this was the drivers seat there was no way to drive the car. i had to call MB roadside assisstence and they seemd to know of the problem but said the car would need to be towed to the dealer for repiar.

anyone else come accross this?
Old 11-11-2008, 07:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 CLK 55 AMG, IMCO muffler/Magnaflow tips, KW V1 coilovers, 19" Petrol Metrix Wheels
i am not trying to be a jerk but how in the hell did you get the seat so wedged that you could not push it back down??

i had an issue with the passenger side headrest. the motor had to be replaced under warranty. so the motors going bad is not uncommon. getting the seat so wedged against the windshield that you cant move the seat back unfortunately is. sorry but it is kind of funny.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:01 PM

CLK 55
Originally Posted by fourml8r
anyone experience this problem.....

i lifted the handle on the back of the drivers seat to move the drivers seat forward to allow rear passengers out of the car. the headrest did not fully retract as it normally does. the seat went all the way forward (As it is supposed to) but the headrest then wedged between the winshield and headliner and would not retract. there was no way to move the drivers seat back again as it was wedged in place. the door controls for the seat were non-operative (since the seat was in the lifted position and not on the tracks).

Since this was the drivers seat there was no way to drive the car. i had to call MB roadside assisstence and they seemd to know of the problem but said the car would need to be towed to the dealer for repiar.

anyone else come accross this?
i actually did...headrest issues seem to be another one of those "minor" issues with these cars...from what i remember i used a lil force to get the seat out of the "stuck" position, and everything went back to normal...my headrest still doesnt come all the way down as it should...i've had it looked @ several times @ the stealership, been fixed, malfunctioned again, so i just leave it alone now...ha, smfh...
Old 11-11-2008, 09:14 PM

2005 CLK55 AMG CABRIOLET
the headrest went down a little bit when i moved the seat forward. when the seat was in the forward position, the headrest raised back up causing it to get stuck.

at first i called MB roadside assistence and waited for a tow. while waiting i looked at it closer and felt i could "force" it out of the wedged position. after that the headrest seems to go up and down as it is supposed to.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Former Vendor

Any AMG Thats Around..
i have seen this many times when i was working at the dealership.... im tring to remember the outcome... lol... it was pretty funny when i saw the first one.. i was like how the hell did this guy do that... but it just did it on its own....