CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Anyone else happy the CLK is discontinued?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 02:37 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 CLK63 Cab
Anyone else happy the CLK is discontinued?

Without a new model coming out my 63 feels better and better. Not gonna have that "need the new model feeling." Sure the new E coupe will be nice but I don't think it will have that same nimbleness and raw power of the small CLK. Pretty sure the value should hold up a little better as well. Got the VRP Headers coming and look forward to doing more mods over the next couple years!!!

Anyone else feel the same??
Old 01-30-2009, 03:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 CLK 55 AMG, IMCO muffler/Magnaflow tips, KW V1 coilovers, 19" Petrol Metrix Wheels
it would have been nice to see a new CLK but if it stabilizes the values of our cars i am all for it. Hard to believe that after two years the value of our cars has dropped another 10k
Old 02-01-2009, 01:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 M5
Originally Posted by John V.
Without a new model coming out my 63 feels better and better. Not gonna have that "need the new model feeling." Sure the new E coupe will be nice but I don't think it will have that same nimbleness and raw power of the small CLK. Pretty sure the value should hold up a little better as well. Got the VRP Headers coming and look forward to doing more mods over the next couple years!!!

Anyone else feel the same??
I think the new e-coupe is going to be an overall improvement over the current CLK. They simply changed the name for marketing purposes. Unfortunately the CLK is gonna depreciate like all the other AMG's. Enjoy your car, it's a beast.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63BS, SL55, G55, C43
It's just a name change from CLK to E-Coupe, but the philosophy will be exactly the same: E-Class luxury on a C-Class platform in coupe shape.

And judging from the nimbleness and overall quality of the current C-Class (especially the C63) I think the E-Coupe is going to be one hell of a car.