CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Which is more accurate: Edmund or KBB pricing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2003, 09:11 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK55
Which is more accurate: Edmund or KBB pricing

I'm considering selling my 01 CLK55 to a friend and wanted to know the fair market value.
Kelly Blue Book seem to have very low pricing for this vehicle while Edmund have it in the upper $40K - mid $50K. NADA does not have any price for yet.
Just want some opinion and an accurate price. Thanks.
Old 01-31-2003, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
Both are very wrong!
Used car prices are in the dumpster.
Old 01-31-2003, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 Mclaren 720s, 2021 Aston Martin DBX
Call a bank and get the loan value for the car. That would be the maximum the bank would loan out after a downpayment.

You can also look for the book that has the recent sales from auctions...those are great if you are in the market to buy or shocking if you are planning to sell.
Old 01-31-2003, 10:31 PM
Almost a Member!

clk55
Call a couple of Benz dealerships and tell them you would like to sell your car and want there best price. After you have two or three appraisals you will know what the true wholesale value of the car is. A couple of thousand over this would be a fair price to sell on your own(if you are lucky enough to find a buyer). A couple of thousand above the price you could sell it on your own is waht the dealership would ask. For example if they offer you $43,000 wholesale, you would be lucky to sell it at $46,000 and the dealer may ask $50-$52 when they put it on there lot.

KBB and Edmunds are vapor pricing. There is no magic only large lumps to take in the current market. It is simple economics (supply for clk55 and many high end cars is increasing and demand is decreasing which is the worst possible combination for equilibream price). If you are buying, then it is the best possible time provided you do not have to sell a car first(adding a second or third car).
Old 01-31-2003, 10:57 PM

No longer car shopping...
Depends GREATLY on miles

Value for your car depends GREATLY on miles. Look on eBay for realistic prices. Only look at the FINAL price, not the prices 1/2 through the auctions. If you car has low miles (i.e. under 20K) you can probably get $48-$49 for it. If it's nearly the end of it's warranty period potentially as low as $42K. I've been shopping these cars for months now (autotrader, local dealers, ebay, you-name-it). At the high line auctions, some of these cars are going as low as $41K. It's not a good time to be selling one. I know because I just bought one two days ago and LOVE IT!
Old 02-01-2003, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Re: Which is more accurate: Edmund or KBB pricing

Originally posted by 2nerdy
I'm considering selling my 01 CLK55 to a friend and wanted to know the fair market value.
Kelly Blue Book seem to have very low pricing for this vehicle while Edmund have it in the upper $40K - mid $50K. NADA does not have any price for yet.
Just want some opinion and an accurate price. Thanks.
"Fair market value" consists primarily of wholesale and retail prices, which varies by locality. So there is often a 30% + spread, always determined by supply and demand.

For trade-in, my MB SE Florida dealer uses the trade-in (wholesale) price of KBB - NOT - Edmunds!