CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Question of power

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55.....AMG
ive been running my e55 on lpg for over 15 months now with no problems at all.
My system is the top of the range prins multi point injection system. which has a fully mappable ecu.

resulting in no loss of power at all at any revs. You really could not tell weather its running on the lpg or gas/petrol. Sounds just the same as well

the airbox and engine cover fits just the same as well(removed for picture)

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-04-2009, 02:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'00 Mercedes 430/55 clk cabriolet
Hey Karl.

That's a really neat set-up. Mine's a multi fuel point injection system too but has been on the car since '04. Yours is newer than mine. If it's not losing power at any revs then it' s definately running better too. My system is rated to 400hp, what is yours?

I'm going to change to a fully tunable ECU to try and make use of the higher octane and extra hp of the car. The car won't die in the upper rev range too.

My LPG guy said the fuel lines had to be as close to the car as possible where as yours as placed to the front of the engine which looks neater!

I'm going to show him your system and ask a few questions. Is your car stock?
Old 10-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by MatttCLKamg
AMS,

do you make headers for the w209?
and if you do how much do they run for?

Hello Matt,

Yes we do, All our V8 headers are the same price $1249. You can get $100 discount if you buy then in conjunction with our power pulley (stage 2 performance package). Hope that helps.

Thanks,
AMS
Old 10-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Pauljay
Hey Karl.

That's a really neat set-up. Mine's a multi fuel point injection system too but has been on the car since '04. Yours is newer than mine. If it's not losing power at any revs then it' s definately running better too. My system is rated to 400hp, what is yours?

I'm going to change to a fully tunable ECU to try and make use of the higher octane and extra hp of the car. The car won't die in the upper rev range too.

My LPG guy said the fuel lines had to be as close to the car as possible where as yours as placed to the front of the engine which looks neater!

I agree, that is a very clean install and is much better b/c you can hide it under the front AMG panel cover. I would go with that setup Paul, that should fix most of your issues and allow you to run the stock AMG airbox for that OEM look/feel.