CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

CLK55 AMG questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK55 AMG
CLK55 AMG questions

Hello everyone,

nice forum you got going here

I'm new to this forum and new to the world of Mercedes.

I just bought a 2005 CLK55 AMG black on black convertible.

I used to have a turbo charged+built engine celica GTS 2002 running 18PSI on a GT2871R it was pretty fun but was never going to be a reliable car. After going through hell i decided to get this AMG so i can enjoy having a car without any headaches.

Ive started my research only today but i need your help.

I don't intend to race this car but want to make the most out of what it offers.

1> Im looking to slightly improve performance but will go with the simple bolt on mods cuz i dont want any headaches. What intakes and headers combo do you recommend for the AMG55? I will not be getting an ECU upgrade as im not sure of the octane levels in my country and a remap may create knock. As for the pulleys, im not sure about the safety of this modification but with the celica it was always going to be a dangerous thing to do (especially with the crank pulley). If its a different case with the merc please inform me on recommendations.

2> is it worth touching the AMG55 two tip exhaust currently on the car? I was thinking of just removing the resonator for a more aggressive sound.

3> I want to get better rims, what is the maximum size wheel and tire combination for the rear and front? I don't want to install spacers or have any rubbing.

I appreciate your replies and will be looking forward to being an active member no this forum.

Regards,

TB

CHEERS!

Last edited by tb500; 10-03-2009 at 07:59 AM.