CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

CLK 55 Eisenmann Exhaust and Kleemann Headers Vid clip

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-12-2009, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
clk500
do u still have all your cats
Old 11-14-2009, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK55 '05 CLK320 '02
Originally Posted by buffyclk500
do u still have all your cats
No my car has no cats on it
Old 11-17-2009, 02:02 AM

W207 E550
do u need to remap after the header installation?
Old 11-17-2009, 02:04 PM

CLK55 '05 CLK320 '02
Originally Posted by darrencsh
do u need to remap after the header installation?
Yes you do. I sent my ECU to Cory at Kleemann and he did that for me. Its just that he has to shut the sensors that are missing from not having cats anymore.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
sounds sick
Old 11-23-2009, 12:31 AM

CLK55 '05 CLK320 '02
Originally Posted by shardul
sounds sick
thanks

BTW im curious to know what your signature says
Old 11-28-2009, 04:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'00 Mercedes 430/55 clk cabriolet
Hi Hami.

Nice sound!

How much power does she make with your de-cat and mods?
What's your mileage now? I'm wondering how much more she'll make once loosened up.

I'm interested because I chose AMS over the Kleemann headers purely because of the price and they were the only headers to fit a right-hand drive car.

Can you take a pic of your exhaust system and please post a drive-by clip soon.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:00 PM

CLK55 '05 CLK320 '02
Hello Paul,
I actually have not gotten it on a dyno yet. So I can only make a ruff estimate of how much horses I'm pushing at the time. First of all the Eisenmann exhaust gives a gain of about 6-8 while the headers give a good 25-30. I also have changed my air filter to K&N but I doubt they would do anything when it comes to horse power. My new engine has about 9K on it so far so its still a new engine so adding those number to the stock power of 360. There fore I am guessing I am around 390 to 398. The car has had an ECU programming from Kleemann but that was only to ignore the engine check light because of not having cats on.
I know that deleting the cats would add power but I honestly do not know if these number include it or not and I do no know how much gain I would get from deleting them.

Originally Posted by Pauljay
Can you take a pic of your exhaust system and please post a drive-by clip soon.
I have already posted a picture of the exhaust it is the last post on the first page of the topic in case you would like another picture let me know.

I will try to video a drive by this weekend.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:02 PM

Thanks Hami for the info.

Your car's making a good amount of power! Will you add more mods later? Cams, pullies and other bolt ons. I'm still tuning mine and wanted to see what comparisons there are on the W209 Vs the W208. Whether quad exhausts are better than twin. Whether my car will always be 20hp down on your model. I've got more mods but I need a tune. I'm 10hp down on you with pullies and cam.
I was interested in the front to middle of your exhaust to see what restrictions, size, and path your pipes had.

Looking forward to the next vid.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:56 AM

CLK55 '05 CLK320 '02
Thanks Hami for the info.

Your car's making a good amount of power! Will you add more mods later? Cams, pullies and other bolt ons. I'm still tuning mine and wanted to see what comparisons there are on the W209 Vs the W208. Whether quad exhausts are better than twin. Whether my car will always be 20hp down on your model. I've got more mods but I need a tune. I'm 10hp down on you with pullies and cam.
I was interested in the front to middle of your exhaust to see what restrictions, size, and path your pipes had.

Looking forward to the next vid.
I am sorry I was not able to video anything this weekend it was raining then it started snowing so I couldn't really do anything about that. Well I will try to get you a better clear picture of the exhaust pipes from under as soon as I can. To be honest I have finals next week so I'll be trying to make up for lost time most of this week but I will try to find time to do so.

I am actually building my engine parts to get a supercharger later on so yes cams and pullies are in my plan for the car but I thought since I am going to pay for labor of installing those parts then why not save for a supercharger as well and have it all done at once. I have not tuned my car yet but I do not see a reason to o so since all I got are headers and mufflers. I am also looking into getting an LSD but from what I hear they are not very useful unless I am track racing.

About the power difference I read a thread you started about your car. you don't run it on regular gas so I guess that gives you an edge but from what I know the engine on the W208 is not the same as the W209 im not sre of that but I think that is the case. anyways I like the work you have done to your car its very impresive
Old 12-07-2009, 02:16 PM

Hi Hami.

Thanks for the positive comments!

I love the W208 shape, I just don't like the power disadvantage all CLKs have on other AMG models!

Good luck for your finals.

Do a post when you get the time bro!

As for your other mods, your gonna have one sweet car when you're done.
Rememeber your exhaust note will change with mods!
Old 12-07-2009, 07:19 PM

CLK55 '05 CLK320 '02
Hi Hami.

Thanks for the positive comments!

I love the W208 shape, I just don't like the power disadvantage all CLKs have on other AMG models!

Good luck for your finals.

Do a post when you get the time bro!

As for your other mods, your gonna have one sweet car when you're done.
Rememeber your exhaust note will change with mods!
I agree I love the exterior shape of the W208 more then W209 that is why I own both.

I also agree I thought all AMG's were supercharged. After I raced my friends lightly modded mustang and we ended up finishing next to each other. I got so disappointed and started thinking it might not be a real AMG and it just had a kit on it.
Until I took it in for service and asked them and the guy assured me it was an AMG and that CLKs and SLKs have never been supercharged. You should have seen the relief on my face

I think it is unfair and that all AMG cars should have the same advantage. But I am kind of glad because I know I can upgrade my car the way I want it to be and maybe stand out in the crowd.

Thank you I am actually in class right now not paying attention to my teacher but I know I will regret it when I am studying for my final next week. I will post the pics and video once I have time to make them. And yes I am so excited for the outcome of what I am getting out of the car.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:57 PM

yamaha
I accept with information:the video uploaded to facebook just fine and the quality is great specially on HD but it wont upload to youtube so i had to go through the trouble of downloading the video from facebook using real player and then uploading it on youtube
the picture quality of the video is bad on youtube but the sound clip is clear enough.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
'06 E55 K2
Why is there so much smoke coming from your engine...and also you are not doing your car any favors revving it when it is cold..asking for a second blown engine...

Yasin
Old 12-12-2009, 02:27 PM

'05 CLK55, '04 CLK320
Originally Posted by slownrusty
Why is there so much smoke coming from your engine...and also you are not doing your car any favors revving it when it is cold..asking for a second blown engine...

Yasin
looks like typical exhaust from cold weather and he was revving it up for the camera for us to hear maybe? doubt he does this every time he starts the car

Last edited by Moedy; 12-12-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:05 PM

CLK55 '05 CLK320 '02
Originally Posted by slownrusty

Yasin
Originally Posted by Moedy
looks like typical exhaust from cold weather and he was revving it up for the camera for us to hear maybe? doubt he does this every time he starts the car
There is so much smoke because the weather is cold. I always warm up the car before moving it. But since I wanted to make this sound clip I had to rev it cold for the sound to be louder. Unless I was filming a drive by which would sound louder because the rev limiter only works when the car is parked. It would not allow it to go past 4,00 RPMs.

Thanks for being concerned though
Old 07-27-2010, 05:04 AM

2003 Mercedes benz clk55
[quote=hami;3806067]thank you

It is a mystery yet to be solved. I was driving on the highway. I heard a pop and I saw smoke in my rear view. I thought it was a flat but all my cluster lights were flashing on. I lost control of the steering. I was hoping it was just something simple. When I got to pull it over I had this huge trail of oil behind the car. It kept on leaking like crazy until it was drained. I got it towed to the nearest dealer which was in Maryland.Since I got the car I only service it in my local dealer so I have never had to deal with any other dealership and I got used to the way of service where I usually take my car ( I basically made friends with the head of service so I got the special treatment :P) when I had to deal with these other guys they were very unhelpful. All they cared about was me paying the bill. I called my local dealer and they offered to help me out they even had my car towed from Maryland over to Pennsylvania for me. They talked to the warranty people for me and got me a new AMG engine while the guys in Maryland just wanted to get me a regular 550 engine thinking it was the same thing having me pay for the whole thing!!

Do you guys know how much a new engine costs?? They were asking for an initial 34k just for parts for a non-AMG engine!!

I also included a picture of my car parked in the lot without an engine in it and what I managed to capture of the hole under the engine. My engine had a whole in the bottom part of it as big as my head. they recovered an exploded piston from inside. There was also part of a connecting rod hanging out from that hole.
BTW if any of you was wondering my engine was running 74k at the time I blew it.[/quote

are blown engines common with the clk55??
Old 07-27-2010, 05:20 AM

CLK55 '05 CLK320 '02
[QUOTE=fitnessguru1323;4177038]
Originally Posted by hami
thank you

It is a mystery yet to be solved. I was driving on the highway. I heard a pop and I saw smoke in my rear view. I thought it was a flat but all my cluster lights were flashing on. I lost control of the steering. I was hoping it was just something simple. When I got to pull it over I had this huge trail of oil behind the car. It kept on leaking like crazy until it was drained. I got it towed to the nearest dealer which was in Maryland.Since I got the car I only service it in my local dealer so I have never had to deal with any other dealership and I got used to the way of service where I usually take my car ( I basically made friends with the head of service so I got the special treatment :P) when I had to deal with these other guys they were very unhelpful. All they cared about was me paying the bill. I called my local dealer and they offered to help me out they even had my car towed from Maryland over to Pennsylvania for me. They talked to the warranty people for me and got me a new AMG engine while the guys in Maryland just wanted to get me a regular 550 engine thinking it was the same thing having me pay for the whole thing!!

Do you guys know how much a new engine costs?? They were asking for an initial 34k just for parts for a non-AMG engine!!

I also included a picture of my car parked in the lot without an engine in it and what I managed to capture of the hole under the engine. My engine had a whole in the bottom part of it as big as my head. they recovered an exploded piston from inside. There was also part of a connecting rod hanging out from that hole.
BTW if any of you was wondering my engine was running 74k at the time I blew it.[/quote

are blown engines common with the clk55??
no not at all its something u hear of once in ur life
specially on a stock car